ughhh really?

Options
Ok so gained a pound over thanksgiving. Didn't log didn't work out and drank. Then came home and hubby lost his job so stress. I found myself wanting to eat. I stopped it and recognized it and talked my self out of consuming. Knowing then I'd me miserable all around. Got on the scale today and gained a pound. Guess it could be so much worse but really?! Why do I do this to myself?
Heading to the gym now. Time to get back to the routine and pay attention and deal with what's going on.

Sometimes being a grown up is the pits!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Replies

• BA2JDMA
    Options
    That kind of stress can really turn a diet upside down and then some! Be kind to yourself. The important thing is you realized it and put a stop to it at one pound instead of 5 or 10 or 20! GO YOU!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I agree with BA2JDMA, you realized it AND you know exactly what to do to rectify it! That's the beauty of this new lifestyle. We can splurge, or in yur case, stress over things that deserve some stressin but then we jump right back into the game and continue with our good choices.
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Girl, I know how you feel. My husband just lost his job yesterday after 10 years of service at this particular company. I am so effing stressed out and all I wanna do is eat sweets. Im really trying my hardest not over eat and to make sure I get exercise but I am just so discouraged. :frown:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(
    I go back and forth between wanting to eat and too stressed out to eat. We live in NV and we have the highest unemployment rate in the country. Plus we moved our teens here 3 years ago and they are settled in. I'd hate to move them again.
    I have to remind myself that food isn't going to solve any of my other problems and will just lead to me feeling horrible about myself. I made a big pot of adzuki beans and just keep eating those when I am hungry. They are loaded with vitamins, protein, and very low cal, but the best part is that they sit in my belly and make me feel very full.
    Hang in there.....
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Could it be sodium? Remember that you can go up and down from day to day. Stress doesn't help weight loss, so try to forget this set back and move forward.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    There's a lot going on in your life right now, and since you haven't been logging or working out its a bit unrealistic to think you wouldn't gain a bit. Luckily, it's not a big deal! Normally I'm all about making sure you're always heading in the right direction, but not at the expense of sanity. This is not a setback, really, because you know now that if you start logging again then things will get back on track.
  • BA2JDMA
    Options
    Girl, I know how you feel. My husband just lost his job yesterday after 10 years of service at this particular company. I am so effing stressed out and all I wanna do is eat sweets. Im really trying my hardest not over eat and to make sure I get exercise but I am just so discouraged. :frown:

I'm so sorry about the job loss. I've been there both for myself and for my spouse so I know how that is on both sides of the coin. I hope he's able to find another job quickly and in the meantime, you keep coming here. We're here for you!!