Need advice to get on the protein powder bandwagon!!

I know I need more protein in my diet and was thinking of buying protein powder to have in the house on days I'm struggling to get the number up.

I live in the UK.

Where to buy and what to buy?

My BFP is currently 36% and I have recently started to lift weights 3x a week and cardio 3-4 times a week.

I hoping for a product I can use in baking if possible?

Replies

• loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    *Shameless Bump*
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    I'm a fan of Syntrax Protein Powder. Their Nectar line is super yummy without blasting your carb count out of the water. I've used the chocolate truffle for making goods before. I just got some of their non-flavored medical powder to try with high protein bread like goods. I order mine off Amazon and I believe you can order it through the UK Amazon too. It's the cheapest place to order it. :flowerforyou:
  • I personally like BioTrust: http://www.biotrust.com/

Not cheap though, unfortunately, but it's good quality and the vanilla tastes pretty good in smoothies. :) Not sure if you can bake it though, I would contact the company and ask. Though I did try putting the stuff in a hot drink once, it didn't go too well. lol!

Have you considered maybe increasing your protein intake from foods instead, rather than with supplements? Unless you're a vegetarian, of course.
  • ab_1203
    ab_1203 Posts: 88 Member
    Myprotein.com is good and reliable.
  • I had the same problem then a guy on my friend list uses 'myprotein', its a good price too, so now I use that.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold's Double Rich Chocolate Whey and I love it. 24 grams of protein for only 120 calories. It's tasty and has a very mixable consistency, so I imagine it would work for baking, but I've never tried.

http://tinyurl.com/lpx7s8j
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    eat more chicken and meats. they will supply plenty of protien than you need.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Thank you!!

I put an order in with MyProtein so I will see how I get on.

Yes I know I can eat more high protein food but was wanting more protein per calorie to stay within my calorie goals but smash my protein goal.
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Thank you!!

I put an order in with MyProtein so I will see how I get on.

Yes I know I can eat more high protein food but was wanting more protein per calorie to stay within my calorie goals but smash my protein goal.

i pass my protien goal all the time with just meats and nuts as my foods lol