New protein meals

Options
allikat399
allikat399 Posts: 36 Member
Hi MFP family! I'm looking for new recipes to help me out on my healthy eating plan. I am eating 5 meals a day, each 250-300 calories or less, keeping it under 1300. High protein because I'm working out. It's working pretty well, I haven't hardly been hungry and my headaches and stress have decreased significantly. Here's the downside: I'm so busy during the week I don't have time to prep that many meals per day so I do it all on Sunday and pack my day's meals to go with me every day.

Here's what I need from you. I'm bored with my protein bowls. I'm looking for new meal suggestions that fall into that calorie range and can be prepped ahead of time. Thanks for anything y'all have to offer!

Replies

• LipglossandLunges
    LipglossandLunges Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Scrambled tofu :) its not too different from an egg when prepared that way and you can add whatever you want for flavor
  • AnyankaSigrun
    Options
    I made this soup last night, it was easy, good and very filling. It has 23.9 g of protein per serving.
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bean-sage-sausage-soup-50400000133652/
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato and Onion Soup

2 med or 3 small sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
    1 large sweet onion
    1 tsp curry powder
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 tblsp unsalted butter (could probably sub olive oil)
    1 carton of low sodium veg or chicken stock
    1/2 cup half and half or evaporated milk (I used half and half)

Saute onion and spices in butter until aromatic, add stock and sweet potatoes and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Blend until smooth and add cream.

recipe says 6 servings but I made it 4 and still under 300 cals - I added a dollop of 0% plain greek yogurt - tasty healthy lunch with about 10-12 g protein

This was very quick and easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Make some frittatas/quiches with half eggs, half egg whites, veggies, meat and cheese. 200 calories and 22g of protein or something a serving.
  • allikat399
    allikat399 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will put these on my grocery list :-)