Hi! My name is Angelina in Kansas

Options
Hello!

I am a 35 year old gal that has too much junk in the trunk and some tight pants to go with it. I have been overweight for the past 15 years. I have tried every fad diet there is. I always loose all the weight, then gain it all back. I realized as I put on my too tight pants this morning that I need to just change my bad habits. Sure, if I chug shakes for a few months I will be thin again. Thing is I don't want to drink another weight loss shake for the rest of my life. I am over the weight loss shakes. I want to eat real food. I want to live a normal happy life.

I took 4 flights of stairs today and got winded. I want to not be winded when I choose to take 4 flights of stairs. I gave my son a piggy back ride running through the house last night. After 5 minutes I was tired. Granted he weighs 50 pounds and is 3 and a half feet tall but you know? I want to be that mom that has fun with her kids. That is active and says, " Yes lets do another piggy ride. Actually let's do 3 more piggy rides!"

I have a full time job working in a call center as a trainer. Married the sweetest guy ever. Have a sweet soon to be 3 baby boy.

Problem is I don't have a lot of support on weight loss. I would love to help encourage you on your journey and be your cheerleader! I would be thrilled if you choose to be my cheerleader and cheer me on too.

Angelina in Kansas

Replies

• lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi Angelina. Welcome! I re-started my journey a month ago after taking off for about a year - I don't have any excuses just being lazy and thinking I was to busy to exercise and being 43 wanted to be able to enjoy what I ate. I started having the same problems - pants fitting a little to tight and I really did not want to have to go up another size so I said enough is enough. So I started tracking everything I eat and exercising - I've only been at it a month but I want to succeed this time so I am trying to do it right and in a way that I believe I can maintain after the weight comes off. If you would like you can add me and I will try to help with encouragement.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    YAAAAAY ANOTHER SHOCKER!!!!! ???????????????????????????????????? hello! Sorry. Not often I see a wichitan on here......... You make #2. Haha!

Good luck!

***turns and runs to add new friend!**
  • lindeyrae1028
    Options
    Hi there! I grew up in Derby, KS and currently live near Ft. Riley. I'm new around here too. I need to find a support system as well! I lost 130 lbs about 3 years ago and I gained 40 lbs back... so now it's crunch time all over again! Feel free to send me a friend request and we can pat each other on the back ;-)
  • llonka
    llonka Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from southwest Kansas! :) I also don't have much support at home; I'm trying to lose about 100 pounds. I'll send you a friend request!

Anyone can add me if they'd like!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Btw- I'm actually in Goddard, not wichita. But ya know........it's all the same.
  • Lauren4974
    Lauren4974 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    LOL Yup Wichita here! =) I sent a friend request. Anyone else can feel free to add me as well, I have close to 100 lbs to lose so I have a long journey ahead. I'll be here quite a while LMAO!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    While this weightloss thing can certainly be trying sometimes it sounds like you're here for the kind of reasons that will make you successful in the long run.:smile: Best of Luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • Kmedeiros83
    Kmedeiros83 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've tried my fair share of fad diets with no long term luck. I've lost 8lbs so far just tracking the stuff I shove in my mouth and spending less time in front of the computer.

I wish you luck! :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! My home state is Kansas and I miss it dearly! Good luck to you!
  • Kansascitysue
    Kansascitysue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Susan ... I am in Kansas City, MO. It is wonderful to have people in my area (as well as the United States - amazing how many support groups for weight loss are over seas!) to have in a support group. I have had the lap band 2 years ago and have hit a plateau. I can honestly say ... no matter how you try to lose weight, it is a lot of work and is not easy!

My Fitness Pal brought reality right up and smacked my upside the head because until I started using this, I was apparantly clueless on how many calories I was eating each day!! This is a great tool for me!

Thanks everyone ... I look forward to chatting with you!
  • artsyparts
    artsyparts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Angelina,
    I'm Susan in Lawrence Ks.
    Here are the two most general helpful hints I can give you about using MFP ~

1) Try not to eat your added exercise calories!

2) Measure every part of your body you can get a measuring tape around. And remeasure every week or 2. The weeks when the scale don't move much are the weeks I lose in size. Both are motivating! I've gone from an 18 to a 12 since i starting using MFP in August.

Good Luck!

and feel free to friend me!
  • fitprincess4333
    Options
    HI - My sister used to live in Kansas. I just joined MFP today, I will send you a friend request. Feel free to send me a friend request if anyone is looking for one! :drinker:
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I live in KC, K and I'm there with ya.

7-8 years ago I went from 245 down to 170.
    Then from 170 to 230
    then from 230 to 200
    then from 200 to 232

Now I'm 'down't to 223.3 (as of this morning).

Last few times I was on Weight Watchers this time I'm just trying to watch what I eat (and exercise more).

Welcome aboard and good willpower! (don't need luck, just willpower!)
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I live about an hour south of Wichita!! Welcome and I am ready to cheer you on if you want!