Your best fritatta or quiche combinations?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I need ideas! I've been doing peppers/onions/sausage/cheddar, and replace half the eggs with egg whites... But I'd love more ideas. Just no mushrooms please... can't stand them!

Replies

• Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    The first frittata I ever made was with smoked salmon and dill. I think it was a Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) recipe. Some of my regular favorites are ham and cheddar cheese, sausage and cheese, bacon and cheese - Notice a theme? Haha... Spinach and feta would be yummy. Also sliced roma tomatoes layered with mozzarella cheese and basil...

Cooking method is really the same for all...
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    sausage, red pepper, and feta

spinach, scallion, and feta

broccoli, bacon, and feta.

Okay...I might have a problem with Feta :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    I love feta, lol. I've done spinach and feta, I just suck at preparing the spinach for them.
  • suncluster
    Options
    I just saute with a little EVO.
    Or you could try putting it in a sieve dipped in boiling water
  • suncluster
    Options
    The first frittata I ever made was with smoked salmon and dill. I think it was a Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) recipe. Some of my regular favorites are ham and cheddar cheese, sausage and cheese, bacon and cheese - Notice a theme? Haha... Spinach and feta would be yummy. Also sliced roma tomatoes layered with mozzarella cheese and basil...

Cooking method is really the same for all...

You got to have cheese.
    Meat + Veg + Cheese or
    2 veg + Cheese
  • Francl27
    Options
    I just saute with a little EVO.
    Or you could try putting it in a sieve dipped in boiling water

Maybe I should just buy chopped spinach, instead of the whole leaves, lol!
  • pyropenguin1
    Options
    Peas are good in a frittata, along with everything the others already mentioned.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    This morning I did red pepper, kale, and green onion. Bacon on the side. I buy the kale chopped in bags. I prefer it to spinach, it doesn't get as soft and slimy. I sautee it in butter first, with the other veggies. Then add the eggs.

Bacon and leeks and swiss cheese, also amazing!

Broccoli, onions, cheddar and bacon.

Pretty much anything with bacon.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    sundried tomato, spinach and bacon (best with Feta or Romano if you eat the cheese)

zucchini, mushrooms, sausage and big chunks of mozzarella

chorizo, Jalapeno, tomato, spinach and avocado

Also.my all time favorite smoked salmon, cream cheese, tomatoes red onion and capers
  • hdpersson43
    hdpersson43 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We had an onion, spinach, garlic, and goat cheese fritatta tonight for dinner. It was tasty.
  • BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    green onion and sausage (I also add mushrooms) and then served with salsa. Cheese would be great with it but I am trying to limit my cheese intake. :smile: