Does the 30 day Shred Work?

Options
So i am 113 lbs and tried diet pill for a week made me gain ive been stuck around same weight for months i eat around 700-1200 calories a day. Does the 30 day shred workout thing work??? Like i dont want huge muscle i was in anorexia recovery and just want to get back to 106 i am 5'1.5". I want skinny legs does this work? Like im somewhat smaller in size now i just want my clothes to fit again so i need to lose 7 lbs right now.

I stopped recovery in august cause i reached my gw and so now i want to get back to that

Replies

• sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You sound like you need therapy.You are way undereating. Does the Shred work for what? Losing weight? yes but that is not what you need!
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i've heard so many bad things about 30 day shred... knee problems, intense calf pains... if you are going to do it, don't do it every day... put a day or two between each workout. you need to be eating more calories though, for sure.
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is an OK workout. Many people in these forums (myself included) have used it with decent results. You can really only build muscle if you are eating at a calorie surplus and lifting heavy, so you will not get "huge muscles" from doing this program, especially with the extremely low number of calories you are eating.

Since I mentioned the calories, I feel like I need to ask if you are currently talking to a counselor about your anorexia recovery. 700-1200 calories is very low, and you most certainly need to be eating more for your body to function properly. Your focus on wanting skinny legs makes me think you are still battling with body image issues, possibly body dysmorphic disorder (at your height and weight, your legs are likely to be skinny already). I don't want to be an internet shrink and try to diagnose you, but there were several things you said in your post that concerned me.
  • erizek14
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is an OK workout. Many people in these forums (myself included) have used it with decent results. You can really only build muscle if you are eating at a calorie surplus and lifting heavy, so you will not get "huge muscles" from doing this program, especially with the extremely low number of calories you are eating.

Since I mentioned the calories, I feel like I need to ask if you are currently talking to a counselor about your anorexia recovery. 700-1200 calories is very low, and you most certainly need to be eating more for your body to function properly. Your focus on wanting skinny legs makes me think you are still battling with body image issues, possibly body dysmorphic disorder (at your height and weight, your legs are likely to be skinny already). I don't want to be an internet shrink and try to diagnose you, but there were several things you said in your post that concerned me.

Well in August i reached my goal recovery weight than i gained randomly now i wanna go back to that gw of 106 i gained 14 lbs all together and went up a pant size or two so u mean i wouldnt gain muscle than?? Sorry i get confused easy
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    So i am 113 lbs and tried diet pill for a week made me gain ive been stuck around same weight for months i eat around 700-1200 calories a day. Does the 30 day shred workout thing work??? Like i dont want huge muscle i was in anorexia recovery and just want to get back to 106 i am 5'1.5". I want skinny legs does this work? Like im somewhat smaller in size now i just want my clothes to fit again so i need to lose 7 lbs right now.

I'm sorry but you are NOT in recovery eating 700-1200 calories a day. ED therapists and dietitians have anorexics in recovery eating well over 1800 calories a day, usually closer to 2000 actually.

Please seek professional help.
  • erizek14
    Options

I'm sorry but you are NOT in recovery eating 700-1200 calories a day. ED therapists and dietitians have anorexics in recovery eating well over 1800 calories a day, usually closer to 2000 actually.

I am NOT in recovery anymore i stopped i august cause i reached my gw now im well over that
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Well in August i reached my goal recovery weight than i gained randomly now i wanna go back to that gw of 106 i gained 14 lbs all together and went up a pant size or two so u mean i wouldnt gain muscle than?? Sorry i get confused easy

No, you will not gain muscle. In fact, with the low number of calories you are eating, you will likely lose muscle and potentially damage your body. I agree with the other poster who suggests that you seek professional help. ED recovery is not something that can happen on an internet forum, and it would be irresponsible for us to give you much advice.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options

I am NOT in recovery anymore i stopped i august cause i reached my gw now im well over that

Were you under a doctor's care? Is it normal for eating disordered patients to cease support when they hit a target weight?! It seems to me there is more at work in disordered eating than simply a WEIGHT, it's about a relationship with food and one's body. If you're not under a doctor's care at this time, please seek it out. Your posts do not sound like a recovered anorexic, they sound like an actively disordered young woman who needs active support, now.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

So you reached your GW but are now trying to lose at 700-1200 cals a day? I think you need to keep seeing your therapist because it doesn't sound like you really recovered mentally. Please seek help again ASAP!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Well over what?
    Goal weight?
    113lbs is still a good weight.

Please go back to your therapist.
    You still need professional help
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options

But you're using diet pills and eating 700-1200 calories/day. There are obviously still issues there.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    OP you have the scariest posting history I have ever seen.

You need help, immediately.
This discussion has been closed.