Calling out all women with à big breast

Options
I love to run but it became very painful with me having a big boobs (36h). I use to run 5k in less than 30 min. This was 3 years ago before having my twins and before going from a DD cup to an H cup. I tried to wear double bras but still very painful and uncomfortable . I tried to buy an expensive sport's bras $60 but it was a complet waste of many. I feel bad when I see people running. I know I can do it but my breast is holding me back. I hope I can hear from some women in the same situation who managed to run without any issue.

***Please forgive any grammar mistakes( English is my 3th language)

Replies

• cmullin86
    cmullin86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a sports bra with underwire then a regular elastic band sports bra then a tank top with a built in bra. That helps them from bouncing all over the place!
  • taylermarie13
    Options
    During my first try at losing weight, this happened to me too. Try some chest strengthening exercises and double up on sports bras!
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara! First, your English is great and I wish I learned a 3rd language! :happy:

Second, I am about a 38DD - not quite as full as you are, but since I'm rather short (61 in./155cm), they're kind of big for my height.

I MIGHT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR YOU!!!

http://www.enell.com/

There are plenty of stores online that sale the bras, but this the company website.

I saw this bra years ago - it was one of Oprah Winfrey's favorite things. I figured that since she's "gifted" like us, why not try it! I LOVE THEM! :love: I've done cardio, martial arts, power walking, jogging and I can jump around like a 10 year old boy! :laugh: They are a bit pricey, but no different than other bras in price and they are TOTALLY worth it to me - they're constructed well, the material has the wicking where it absorbs the sweat, and it compresses a bit so it takes some getting used to. It has a front hook and eye closure all the way up - you put it on like a vest. It's not the prettiest sports bra, but it is the most effective I've ever owned! Once I wear these out and/or lose more weight, I'm going back for two more.

I hope this helps and good luck! :wink:
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like this one I got from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Adjustable-Bounce-Control/dp/B00553XN38/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1392775963&sr=8-6&keywords=glamorise+bra

I'm not a runner, but I do aerobics with a lot of movement. It might be worth a try for you since Amazon has free returns. It has a lot of great reviews.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Have you gotten a professional bra fitting? It can make a huge difference, women often wear bras that are the wrong size, I know when my bras start getting loose I can't run in them anymore. Just an idea to try, I always thought I was wearing the right size but then when I started measuring myself regularly I realized I was in fact wearing the wrong size and what a difference it has made.

Good luck!
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I was going to say... I don't have a big breast but I do have two :laugh: I kid. Then I read that this is your 3rd language... sooo... I'll just shut up. :smooched: (your English is probably better than my... whatever your native tongue is!)

Champion has fairly priced sports bras ($20-$30) with great support. Try at Wal-Mart or Target. You'll just have to take special care in cleaning them.

(I'm not an H cup but I am an avid runner that suffers the same problem at my size. I often suffer from chaffing and support if the bra is too big.)

I wish you the best of luck - you can still run your 5k times comfortably at the pace you want!
  • lizafava2
    Options
    Yes to an Enell bra! I swear I almost cried the first time I put one on - it was like being 10 again. I still wear the ones that I have that are too big for running for playing with my kids, walking, biking, etc and they are great for that. I love the feeling of being bounce-free so, so much.

It will not seem possible to fasten if you get one properly sized for running. But once its on its amazing.
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yes I did and this when I figuered out I am an H cup
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yes I will definitely try the Enell bras as I heard a lot about it. Thanks a lot ladies for your support. Good luck to all of you:)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    stop running?

unless you really truly love to run- I'd probably find another form of cardio.

Running is probably the most over rated form of cardio there is.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra then on top of that a Shock Absorber sports bra, and a supportive tank top on top of that.

Enell sports bras are really great too!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Surely any kind of cardio is good for you, including running? I don't think it's overrated - at the very least it's free!!
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38K in european sizes.....and I wear a cacique sports bra in 38H and then add on two generic sports bras. Three more sports bras if I am doing plyometrics.
  • luciafernanda
    luciafernanda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm an E cup so not as big as some of you but on the larger size...I wear two bras, a regular bra with underwire then a sports bra on top. It does the trick.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

The same can be said about every form of exercise!! SMH

If one truly loves to run - it is NOT over rated. Same with weights, HIIT, Cross Fit, Martial Arts... etc. Do what you love to do - exercise/cardio is good for you.

Now - if OP is running only for the sake of losing weight and really does not enjoy the road beneath her feet - then yes - Stop running. Elliptical, HIIT, Zumba....etc may be better forms of cardio!

Edited to address OP (oops): I have never nor will I ever have this issue - however many friends I know say to wear a smaller size sports bra to push the girls in then another sports bra ontop to add more control and avoid bounce. Many posters above gave great advice (minus the "Stop running" comment)
  • leannegray31
    Options
    Another shout out for the enell sports bras :) Before my breast reduction I was a 36GG or H (depending on brands), and the only time I'd ever experienced bounce-free training was after I tried the enell bras. They're super tight and not at all sexy, but if you have problems with back pain and boob bounce then they definitely do what they're advertised to do. I tried a number of heavy duty sports bras over the years, plus the usual layering techniques, and I found that the enell bras worked better for me than anything else I tried. You can also buy them for less if you're willing to buy factory imperfects (http://www.discountsportsbras.com/).

For women with smaller busts, the enell might be overkill. I know they're too constrictive for comfort for me now as a 36DD - I usually stick to simpler seamless "high impact" sports bras now - not as constricting, but still get the job done. But before surgery I couldn't do any high impact training without what I called "industrial-level" support.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

The same can be said about every form of exercise!! SMH

If one truly loves to run - it is NOT over rated. Same with weights, HIIT, Cross Fit, Martial Arts... etc. Do what you love to do - exercise/cardio is good for you.

Now - if OP is running only for the sake of losing weight and really does not enjoy the road beneath her feet - then yes - Stop running. Elliptical, HIIT, Zumba....etc may be better forms of cardio!

Edited to address OP (oops): I have never nor will I ever have this issue - however many friends I know say to wear a smaller size sports bra to push the girls in then another sports bra ontop to add more control and avoid bounce. Many posters above gave great advice (minus the "Stop running" comment)

this is why taking a statement out of context is bad. And no- there are clear benefits for cardiovascular exercise- and clear benefits for resistance training- WHAT those are are largely subjective- but saying "it could be said for any exercises" is wholey inaccurate and untrue. doing cardio is good- doing strength training is good. No one said it had to be running or barbell training

my whole quote.
    stop running?

stopping running IS a solution to her problem. And we all know there are about a million ways to get your hear rate up. So- again- for the second time- unless you really like to run- I'd find another option.
    It's really overrated and not one of the top choices. It's hard on your body- it's not the best form of cardio- but yet it's probably the most over used one- again- it's one of the most overrated options for cardio.

I never run any more- haven't for years. I look fabulous and have a perfectly normal heart health- I spend upwards of 10+ hrs a week dancing- structured class as well as my own training and gigs and then weight lifting. I don't run.

it's just not needed when there are so many other options.
    Considering how many options there are- it's not a big leap to say that at all.
  • MissCassieHughes
    MissCassieHughes Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi.

My breasts are a 32HH, I double up on my bras AND wear a sports bra from bravissimo as well when I run.

When I first started losing weight and running, I SUFFERED, I also looked like I was trying to hit my face with my boobs SO I had to find a fix, additionally I noticed that when I wasn't wearing the right stuff my skin started to be looser so I mixed in a lot of strength workouts which I would advise!!

Good Luck xx
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Another vote for enell bras. I gave up running but still need to tame the boobs for everything else. I nearly suffocated in yoga doing a down dog until I got a bra that worked!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    stop running?

Since the opening sentence of the OP is "I love to run..." I'm not sure this is the best direction for her to go.

OP-a 549596th vote for Enell. Pricey but worth every penny. I'm only a DDD, but they don't move a millimeter.