So what's broken?

Options
I was thinking my heart was palping today, but after Dr. Hubby evaluated me I am actually having a "pause" in my heart beat. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? I have had a palping heart rate before and after having it evaluated the results are...nothing. So...Anyone with a missing heart beat or have ideas?

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I was thinking my heart was palping today, but after Dr. Hubby evaluated me I am actually having a "pause" in my heart beat. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? I have had a palping heart rate before and after having it evaluated the results are...nothing. So...Anyone with a missing heart beat or have ideas?

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hhhmmmm did your doctor have any answers for you?
    Hey look I'm back LOL! :happy:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I'm a trained wilderness first responder...

...I don't know.

Get a full heart check up. (fingers crossed for good results)
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

...I don't know.

LOL So I should just use my animal instinct and run when I feel like it, gallop when I need to, and walk and rest as needed? Right? LOL :laugh:
  • dancegirl1
    Options
    I have an irregular heartbeat as well...almost like every 10 or so beats my heart just skips a beat. I have a resting heart rate of 40 beats per minute, and doctors all say that I have a super healthy, strong heart because I'm an athlete. They have never worried about the fact that its irregular...

Though it would be smart for you to get a doctor's (or a few docs') opinion(s). We'll hope for the best of course!!!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    An irregular heart beat (arrithmia) is not uncommon; however, you want to have your Doc make sure that it is nothing new and nothing is out of wack. Vitamin deficiancy can cause arrithmias (spelling) a ECG could be done just to make sure.

Anne
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Thanks for the information! When I woke up it was no longer skipping a beat. I did NOT have any coffee yesterday, could LACK of caffeine do this? I would think too much would cause issues, but LACK??? :huh:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options

...I don't know.

LOL So I should just use my animal instinct and run when I feel like it, gallop when I need to, and walk and rest as needed? Right? LOL :laugh:

LOL, I'm not trained to treat wild animals, but people when injured more than an hour from medical care. LOL. But, yes, follow your animal instinct.:happy:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    I know what you are going through . I have had heart problems since I was 22. I have Atrial Fibrillation, and PVC........

read up here.... http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/atrial-fibrillation/DS00291/DSECTION=symptoms

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/premature-ventricular-contractions/DS00949/DSECTION=symptoms

It makes me very tired all the time. Sometimes it will last weeks at a time. My normal resting heart rate is 99 bpm !

I am affected by coffee the same way you are. I can only have about 3/4 cup / day and NO MORE!
  • karen1255
    Options
    It might sound crazy, but check your dairy intake. A few years ago I started having palpitations and flutters (and when it happens, it really freaks you out because of the way it feels. . .right?). In one of my many health resources I read about a dairy connection. I quit and suddenly, the ticker felt totally normal again. Maybe it's worth a try? Also, from your coffee comment, you may consider that you are highly sensitive to the effects of caffeine! It may be time to decaf yourself. . . .I'm getting the impression that you certainly don't need the jump start with your amazing energy level!

OK. . .how in the world do you track all your conversations? I responded to one this am and for the life of me I can't find it now!!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    It might sound crazy, but check your dairy intake. A few years ago I started having palpitations and flutters (and when it happens, it really freaks you out because of the way it feels. . .right?). In one of my many health resources I read about a dairy connection. I quit and suddenly, the ticker felt totally normal again. Maybe it's worth a try? Also, from your coffee comment, you may consider that you are highly sensitive to the effects of caffeine! It may be time to decaf yourself. . . .I'm getting the impression that you certainly don't need the jump start with your amazing energy level!

OK. . .how in the world do you track all your conversations? I responded to one this am and for the life of me I can't find it now!!!!

Do you mean too little dairy? That would be a possibility. I will have to read up on it.

To find my old posts I click at the top of this window COMMUNITY.
    Then click MY TOPICS to find the last 25 posts I have done. LOL
    I think though, sometimes I miss people's really good posts if I forget to click RECENT posts also.

It is pouring outside so I am now relaxing so I can post more today. :tongue:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I had a "heart attack" when I was 19. Or the equivilent of... I had real bad anxiety issues and was working for a major food, clothing, and everything else buisness (any guesses?). They left me on a register way past my break time and I'd been "holding it" plus hadn't eaten since dinner the night before and it all built up. I started having bad chest pains and colapsed. The EMT people said it was an anxiety attack and what was happnening was my heart would beat real fast and then stop beat real fast and then stop... could you be stressed? :huh: Needless to say I didn't work there much longer and haven't had any problems since.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I know what you are going through . I have had heart problems since I was 22. I have Atrial Fibrillation, and PVC........

read up here.... http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/atrial-fibrillation/DS00291/DSECTION=symptoms

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/premature-ventricular-contractions/DS00949/DSECTION=symptoms

It makes me very tired all the time. Sometimes it will last weeks at a time. My normal resting heart rate is 99 bpm !

I am affected by coffee the same way you are. I can only have about 3/4 cup / day and NO MORE!

Thank you for the information! My resting heart rate is now about 55...Thank you for the info!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Your heart is skippin' a beat for me, oh dear princess come and do my laundry! :bigsmile:
  • chbe1007
    Options
    Scary I know! The reason I am here and starting this journey with you all is my heart has started to do strange things. I had to wear a halter (sp) monitor last week for 2 days to see what was going on.

Good luck and keep us posted!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Princess,

a disrythmia itself is not necessarily a reason to be concerned. Your heart beat is regulated by many different processes and there are a many different reasons why you could perceive a missed beat. I work on a step down unit where we have a screen that shows the heart beat of monitored patients in the nursing station, and a missed beat is not so much a reason to be alarmed. Reoccuring patterns yes. A single skipped beat, unless that happens on a regular basis and frequently, no.
    That being said, it IS something that you need to have checked. More likely than not your doctor will after a few tests tell you that every heart evry once in a while skipd a beat more or lees noticeably by it's "owner" and that you are fine. But you NEED to make sure of that and make sure everything is ok and you have done all you can to prevent complications.