do weight gain affects libido?

Options
some researches say that gaining weight affect libido......?

Replies

• danyvaone
    Options
    i think that can be real in females but not males!
  • Lauraneedtodothis
    Options
    I think so, I gain weight and that affected my sexual life.
  • danyvaone
    Options
    it doesn't affect males
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    it doesn't affect males

yes it does. Maybe you didn't have that problem, but you're not all men, plenty of men do experience this, but maybe they don't all talk about it.
  • danyvaone
    Options
    that's true cause many researches say that
  • danyvaone
    Options
    but that would be due to hormnal imbalance
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    it doesn't affect males
    Ok cool. Have you got research to refer to, or did you just start this thread to tell us about your own libido?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    but that would be due to hormnal imbalance

obesity can cause hormonal imbalances
  • Lettee4
    Lettee4 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    not in every case. when i was 50 kg bigger i felt no different in that regard than i do now.
  • nikie_grey
    nikie_grey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have yoyoed up and down a lot in the last 15 years. I don't find my libido changes, just my comfort level in initiating sex. When I am actively losing weight I feel sexy so I initiate, where as when I am going up, I feel ugly so I tend to want it, but get more passive about expressing the need for sex. For me it's more a matter of fear of rejection then lack of libido.

This is not science, just me.
  • danyvaone
    Options
    I have yoyoed up and down a lot in the last 15 years. I don't find my libido changes, just my comfort level in initiating sex. When I am actively losing weight I feel sexy so I initiate, where as when I am going up, I feel ugly so I tend to want it, but get more passive about expressing the need for sex. For me it's more a matter of fear of rejection then lack of libido.

This is not science, just me.
    that may be the cause
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Some people are depressed when they are fat, so is it the fat or the depression that affects the libido. Is there some health reason that is both causing the weight gain and the drop in libido. etc It's not exactly cut and dried.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works both ways. Anorexics who go into recovery and achieve a normal weight tend to have an increase in libido and people who are normal weight and gain weight tend to have a decrease. Of course there are many many exceptions to this but it seems that having healthy weight in conjunction with healthy self-esteem is a good mix.
  • dinnam
    dinnam Posts: 17
    Options
    when i lost some kgs my sex life changed