Weighing in?

Options
I have a feeling this question has been asked thousands of times already, but how often do you weigh yourself? I don't want to weigh in too often/too soon. I fell off the wagon through the holidays and am essentially starting off fresh (I gained another 10 pounds :( ). I'm getting curious as I have been making myself at least exercise more often and at least limiting how much junk I am allowing myself everyday.

Replies

• theholeyone
    theholeyone Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, every monday morning when i wake up. Once a week is probably too often, but i feel like it gives me motivation.
  • princessnuriko
    princessnuriko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday just to keep myself accountable for the food I eat. Also so I'm accurate with my HRM. But I have an official weigh-in date every Saturday to log into MFP. I also weight myself everyday to gage whether or not I'll hit my one pound goal on my weigh-in date. I can gain as much as 4 pounds throughout the week, but make my one pound weigh loss on the day it counts.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but only record once a week.
  • DirtyCurvesAhead
    Options
    I weigh daily and graph it. The first of every month I assess my progress and adjust if needed.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log it on an app that gives me the long-term trending value, which is what I pay attention to rather than day-to-day fluctuations.
  • SOCOLOCO87
    SOCOLOCO87 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Once a week in the morning is the best for me. right after you wake up is the most accurate. Measuring would be a good idea too.
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log it on an app that gives me the long-term trending value, which is what I pay attention to rather than day-to-day fluctuations.

that sounds like a great idea. what app do you use? I'd like to try it. :smile:
  • DirtyCurvesAhead
    Options
  • shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i normally weigh myself every Friday and every Monday. I only record the Monday weigh in on mfp. the Friday weigh in lets me know whether I can have a lenient weekend or still be strict on myself to hit my Monday goal.
  • chandra2802
    chandra2802 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I jump on the scales everyday.. but i only write it down once a week. It really gives you an idea of how much fluctuation your weight goes through. Also really shows what salty meals and foods does to your body (I love pizza) But i know the next day that my weight will be up.. and after a few days its back down. Keeps me motivated and accountable for my actions