The Right Way Works!

Options
So, thought I would share my slow and steady success. I was very slim in my teens and early twenties, but never really exercised or considered my weight. In 2009, after a friend's wedding, I stepped on the scale and realized I had gained 40 pounds in the last 3 years. My BMI was in the overweight range, and I was definitely not in great shape for a 25 year old. Using Weight Watchers and light exercise I shed 20 pounds within a year. But I wasn't fully committed and sort of let it fall by the wayside. Half way through 2013, I decided I really wanted to reach my goals before I turned 30, and I recommitted myself. I began running again, regularly. I went from running a mile 3 times a week to running 4-6 miles five times a week. I now have a job where I am more active, which is a huge change from a desk job. I eat abundantly, but limit my gluten, dairy, and meat and focus on fruit, vegetables, and fish.

I am turning 30 in 2 weeks, and am happy to say I look more like my 22 year old self now than I did 5 years ago! I feel fantastic, and am proud of myself when anyone comments on my weight loss. I am still trying to lose 5 more, but mainly just want to continue to increase my fitness.

694da6bb-c0fd-48c8-8ee4-c60619b60e9d_zps38ef63e1.jpg

2008. I am probably about 180 pounds here at 5'10". I was 5 pounds heavier in 2009.

0b155790-c881-4091-bbde-24632936fffe_zps465d4407.jpg

And here I am last weekend. Slightly under 145 pounds. Woohoo.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!