Options
2»

Replies

• blimpmerchant
    Options
    Acoustic Guitar (3 years)
    Electric (1 year)

Vocals (6/7 months)

I have a soundcloud if you want to hear me fumble through some music.
  • tylerplaysmusic
    tylerplaysmusic Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My first pub (bar? They're called pubs over here!) gig included a free parmy, chips and gravy on the rider, and its been years of sh** food since! It's not very rock n roll to order the salad, but I'm learning! And when my weekly residency includes free drinks, I've been forcing myself to just get water.. the rockstar life! ;)
  • angelisanichelle
    Options
    I'm a classical and jazz saxophonist and singer. I am trying to make a life change and if any other musicians wants to be my friend that would be awesome :)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Hobby musician here, used to sing professionally for what it's worth though.
  • yft14
    yft14 Posts: 5
    Options
    Not a professional musician but majored in music (saxophone/piano) in my college years. I do know what it's like to travel a lot though and it makes eating healthy rough! The 3 major things you need to do is plan, plan, plan. With enough research ahead of time (I found I could do this online, even on my phone), you can find a list of "safe" foods to eat. My hot spots were: Chickfila, Starbucks (they are almost everywhere!), even KFC has a couple of healthy things if you're really up a wall, Applebees, Publix Deli, etc. Of course you can't eat just anything there, but there are items that are safe there. Sometimes I would grab a sandwhich and a bran muffin from Starbucks and tuck it away for later. Not the healthiest, but if you do your research you will know which ones will fit in your calorie/fat/carb ranges. And eat big in the morning and for lunch and have something before you go on to try to hold you through the gig. At your gig you might try getting a lean cut of meat. Even chicken with the skin on can be fine (just remove the skin). Just some thoughts. I know eating out is expensive, which is why I always asked for gift cards for my fave places for birthdays and holidays.