Your opinion please

Options
Hi all,

I've started using myfitnesspal 8 days ago, i weight 75kg i'm 173cm tall and wanted to loose some weight( I've always been under 70kg in the last year however I gained weight).

So i've set up my goal to 1600 cal per day, and i'm eating healthier, logging everything.
7 days under daily goal(240 cal average) and one day over(sunday lunch with family, big meals but always less than usual)
I weighted myself on sunday(first week) and registered a loss of 700grams(fair enough) today i'm back at the same weight.

Any suggestions? Feeling a bit demotivated cause before i was eating a lot more.

Replies

• nataliea683
    nataliea683 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    are you weighing and measuring everything you eat with a scale?

x
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The scales bounce around for me too, if it's stressing you, only weigh once a week.

I weigh daily and keep a graph, over time I can see the trend - and it's going down ... so now when the scales bounce up for a day or three I don't stress because I can see over time that this is how it works for me, and in a couple of days it will go down.
  • RichardAshley39
    Options
    are you weighing yourself at the same time of day wearing the same clothes or nothing at all:wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you need to be more patient
  • ninjator
    ninjator Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep i'm very precise when it comes to the diary!

I'm weighting myself always in the morning without clothes.

Maybe i just need to be patient
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    are you weighing yourself at the same time of day wearing the same clothes or nothing at all:wink:

You'll need to weight yourself at the same time, the same way, to try and get it as accurate as possible. The scale can fluctuate anywhere from 1-5lbs somedays.

Aim for once a week, first thing in the morning, empty stomach, empty bladder and naked.
  • suzana006
    suzana006 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    it's been 8 days!!! seriously, give yourself more time before you question anything

Be consistent, be patient and you will see results
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged 8 days are not enough to to make it a trend and weight fluctuates. Weigh yourself always on the same day at the same time. If you didn't loose wait after a month reevaluate.

My weight fluctuates about 1-2kg during a day and even weekly there are fluctuations. I have weeks were I weigh a kilo more than at my previous weigh-in but then in the week afterwards it's suddenly all gone plus some. However, what's even more important in the long run I can see a distinctive downward trend.
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Please don't get discouraged this early on. 8 days is to soon to start questioning if what you are doing is working. My weight goes up and down daily, but the overall trend is that I am losing weight.
  • jessicatrogers1
    jessicatrogers1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1600 calories is too many if you want to lose weight. Try 1300 for a week and see what happens. I am about your same height but weight more than you. my range is 1200-1300
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    yup.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    1600 calories is too many if you want to lose weight. Try 1300 for a week and see what happens. I am about your same height but weight more than you. my range is 1200-1300

Don't listen to this. You're a 22 year old man, you should not be eating 1300, If anything, 1600 may be too little.

Listen to this.
  • jessicatrogers1
    jessicatrogers1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    oops, seriously missed that you were a man.