Is this weight loss a good start?

Options
First week of my diet and workout routine I started Tuesday the 4th and weighed myself on Wedsnday the 12th I lost 3.6 pounds also, weighed myself today after another week ( I weigh Myself weekly within the same hour which is first thing in the morning) and I lost 2.2 pounds this week for a total of 5.8 pounds in two weeks, how is this for a start? I kinda feel its a little slow.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    thats actually pretty good, cuz you're a guy, and in the beginning we'll lose a lot without even trying. i think i lost twenty pounds my first month. but then it really tapers off and slows to a crawl.

my advice to you is to start strength training if you haven't already.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    First week of my diet and workout routine I started Tuesday the 4th and weighed myself on Wedsnday the 12th I lost 3.6 pounds also, weighed myself today after another week ( I weigh Myself weekly within the same hour which is first thing in the morning) and I lost 2.2 pounds this week for a total of 5.8 pounds in two weeks, how is this for a start? I kinda feel its a little slow.

no it sounds perfect., you didn't put it on all at once so you wont take it off all at once. Keep doing what you are doing and the loss of pounds will add up eventually.its not a race
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I kinda feel its a little slow.

you're not on biggest loser, its not slow....
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    any start is a good start :smile: keep up the good work!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Nope. good start. Unfortunately it will get slower, so you have to stay motivated.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right, you can see on my profile, I recorded it every month for a little over a year, you can see it slow down near the end.
  • kackaroo
    kackaroo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thats a great start :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Well if you're a Biggest Loser contestant, you'd be booted.:laugh:

Not a race. If people lost exactly the same, we'd all be clones.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition