Travel Fails - and Recovery.

Options
Good Morning and MAN am I happy to be home!

Just in from 5 days away from the familiar efforts, refrigerators and work out schedules! I knew from the moment I got to my destination that this was going to be a hard challenge and, sorry to say I gained back two pounds in "what the hell", decision eating and no exercise. What I learned from this is to carry a cooler (in my car) and pack what I know to be good for me. I can't assume that homes will be in synce with what I need to be doing. Also, my decision to exercise will be a bit more forceful as the household schedules of those I visit are rarely in line with even best efforts to get out and move.

It's easier to just get irate with this past week and blame it on the circumstances - but I know better. Today is a good, new day and I will make it work for me. And now, I have a few flights of stairs to address!

Replies

• gennypelletier
    gennypelletier Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh my, the sins of last week are staring up at me from the scale! Okay, I'm back on track and should see a reverse soon.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Shoot, a 5 day vacay for me and i'm normally up 10-15 lbs! Just go back to what you were doing before and you will be FINE! Don't sweat it.
  • gennypelletier
    gennypelletier Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ivey - this morning scale was up yet again, and though I'm not a 'freak out' kind of lady - this bothered me all the way to the office. However, I've had my breakfast and am already planning this evenings work out. I guess my flinch is 20+ years of diets and fails. Moving on...