I have lost a five year old!

Options
karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
I work in School Nursing, I weigh and measure children as part of my role and today I saw 5 children who all weighed LESS than I have lost! How amazing to think I have been carrying an average 5 year old around with me all this time!

I had not thought about it before, as we weigh them in kilo's and I use pounds, but a Mum asked how many stone her son weighed and so we worked it out and I looked up and said "he weighs less than I have lost since March!"

WOW, Seeing that weight in 'people' form really brings it home to me what I have achieved with the help of MFP! Lots of people in my schools who have not seen me for a while (summer holidays and then my Honeymoon) are commenting on how much weight I have lost and how great I look, I have recommended MFP to each and everyone of them!

Replies

• bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations on all of your hard work!!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    That's a great way to compare.
    My daughter is 4 1/2 and I haven't weighed her lately but that sounds about right.
    I cannot imagine lugging her around ALL.THE.TIME!

Good job on the loss :bigsmile:
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    Wow that is awesome Way to GO!!! you look Great ;)
  • Charlie001
    Options
    You shoulf really edit the title to say I have lost a five year old in weight, otherwise it looks like your child just died.

Awesome job.
  • KathyWaters682
    KathyWaters682 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats,
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant. Well done. :smile:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    You should really edit the title to say I have lost a five year old in weight, otherwise it looks like your child just died.

Awesome job.

I thought the same and was like OMG oh NO! lol

I have a 5 year old who is 40lbs and when I need to pick up her sleeping body I hurt the next day, GREAT job!
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Charlie001
    Options
    You should really edit the title to say I have lost a five year old in weight, otherwise it looks like your child just died.

Awesome job.

I thought the same and was like OMG oh NO! lol

I have a 5 year old who is 40lbs and when I need to pick up her sleeping body I hurt the next day, GREAT job!

I have a 5 year old too which is why that grabbed me.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am sorry this has upset people :-( I don't know how to alter the title? Sorry :-(
  • Charlie001
    Options
    no worries, not upset, more relieved.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    there is a edit fuction.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    no worries, not upset, more relieved.

me 2, not upset just relieved
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, amazing job! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!