Asics Shoe Questions

Options
Alright, so my current pair of shoes are Asics GT-1000's. I have had them for awhile now and need a new pair, it's time. The sole on the bottom is starting to rip in places and the toe is coming undone somewhat. So now I am seeking out new shoes. My problem is for the GT-1000's I needed a 2E (wider) shoe size. Do all Asics basically run the same?

I tried on the Asics Kayano, and they seem pretty nice, but a little too narrow. I am just going to order them online in a 2E. It doesn't make any sense. I got my shoe measured yesterday, and the guy said I had a normal width yet when I try the shoes on it feels like I am hitting the arch on the sides?

I think I am just going to order a 2E to play it safe. Does anyone have any sites for buying running shoes that would be any cheaper than amazon or ebay? Thanks!!

Replies

• annie61702
    annie61702 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Buy from Zappos - free shipping and returns! Then you can order a few pairs and see which ones you like. Also the reviews are usually pretty accurate about sizing.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Here's a link, from Asics website, regarding pronation. It will give you the other models you could possibly get as well as the GT-1000. I use this when I look for mine.

http://www.asicsamerica.com/pronation-guide

They usually have "last year's" models for pretty cheap here:

www.6pm.com
  • chichi2130
    chichi2130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I don't have experience with other Asics shoes.

Are you wearing the right size shoe? I just bought last year's Kayano, but I had to go a half size up, otherwise my toes were hitting the arch. I have always worn 8.5 wide, but now I'm wearing 9 regular and it feels better. I would suggest going back to the store and trying on the next size up to see if that is your problem.
  • snoopymcc
    Options
    I wear Asics Gel-Keyano 19's because of stability issues. When I was fitted at the running store (not Asics affiliated) they put me in a shoe a whole size larger than my norm. It made a WORLD of difference! If you put the shoe on and you can "feel" it touching your foot somewhere definitely try a different shoe. Don't be afraid to try a different brand/size. I recently bought a pair of Gel Keyano 19's and it seems that Asic has changed them a little :/ not ALOT of difference but I can definitely feel it.