Runners Club - 8/3

Options
Happy Sunday everyone!!

Special CONGRATS! to all those who ran races this weekend!!

FitMomof3 has a post about her first 5K! Way to GO!!!!

I did 10 miles yesterday. Going to try and do 3 today. Getting nervous that I am not logging enough miles with only 22 days until my race. So I am going to run 6 days a week until race day. I am also going to increase my core workouts - my abs are WEAK!!

Can't wait to hear about everyone's weekend!

Have a great day!!

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!!

I did 10 miles yesterday. Going to try and do 3 today. Getting nervous that I am not logging enough miles with only 22 days until my race. So I am going to run 6 days a week until race day. I am also going to increase my core workouts - my abs are WEAK!!

Have a great day!!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good morning,
    I am waking up and preparing for my run. I planned out a course of 7 miles, however I have a back course where not to turn if I am in Forest Gump mood and feel I can run 8. Big Run for me today.
    See you when I get back.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning :flowerforyou:

I ran 8 miles this morning. Felt great!

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

Can't wait to hear all of the race results!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Tricia you're amazing! There'd have to be a free wine bar with Patrick Dempsey as bartender at the finish line to get me out again today. :laugh:

Good going on your 8 Kechie & your future 7-8 SM!! :drinker:

Happy running/resting/relaxing everyone! :heart:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Yeah!!! I can't believe I made it back.
    Well I did it, the 8.1 mile plan and I was doing pretty good up until about mile 6 and then I had to walk about a quarter mile and then again later at the 7 mile I walked about a quarter mile. So while I planned a 7 or 8 mile run, I officially ran 7.5 and walked about .5 miles.
    I think next time I plan a run like that I will take an extra nutrition bar to help me past the last part.

Kechie,
    Awsome, see how you inspire me. Now if I can do it without walking and pick up a little speed. It averaged over 13 minute miles, but I guess not too bad when it is up hill the first half and then the last quarter is also.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    HaPPY Sunday runniers:

Got out for a quick 2 mile run. Need to concentrate on gait, apparently I land on my toes. So until I get my orthotics, need to concentrate on heel hitting first. Ran, for me quite fast, pace of 6:55. Can only do this on short runs though

Have a great day

Carol
  • Shannon023
    Options
    HaPPY Sunday runniers:

Got out for a quick 2 mile run. Need to concentrate on gait, apparently I land on my toes. So until I get my orthotics, need to concentrate on heel hitting first. Ran, for me quite fast, pace of 6:55. Can only do this on short runs though

Have a great day

Carol

6:55 is incredible!!! I can run distance, but I'm a plod horse doing it.

Nice going, Carol! :smile:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow, many of you really have great distance runs. Don't know if I'll get there, but maybe someday.
    Got up at 5, couldn't sleep! Walked 1 mile, ran 3.5 and walked another mile. The humidity was already bad at 6 AM. It's going to be a steamer today.
    Happy running all!
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I've been away from the computer for a few days. WTG eveyone! This group continues to rock on!!
    I ran this morning for the first time since my muscle pull two weeks ago. I did three miles. It seemed like 1.5 miles downhill and 1.5 back up. It was not quite that long of an uphill, but it was long. My leg is still a little tight, but I did not feel as if I was doing any more damage. I guess I am back to running.

JD
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I've been away from the computer for a few days. WTG eveyone! This group continues to rock on!!
    I ran this morning for the first time since my muscle pull two weeks ago. I did three miles. It seemed like 1.5 miles downhill and 1.5 back up. It was not quite that long of an uphill, but it was long. My leg is still a little tight, but I did not feel as if I was doing any more damage. I guess I am back to running.

JD

I've wondered where you've been. Good job on your run!! :drinker:

Welcome back! :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

JD

Welcome back JD! thought you got eaten by the PX90 monster!!! We've missed you - we need all the male representation we can get!! Good to hear you are back up and running!
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Hi all...I was planning on doing 6 tonight, but I just put my Ipod through the washing machine:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

I think my children just learned a few new words. UGH! Guess I get to spend some money tomorrow buying a new one. I know I should just run away, but I need my music and Nike+ or I will never make it that far. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Also...I am going to sign up for the 1/2 marathon that is in a little over a month....I need suggestions!! All you long racers....how should I go about this?

Happy Running..or pouting on the couch like me....

Ali
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Did my long run today - a little over 12 miles. Anyone else get bored to tears on their long runs? What are some of your tricks for passing the time?
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did 6 miles with two 10 minute rests, one to take in the waterfront and one to see my girls do new tricks on the monkey bars and the wiggle board.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Sunday was 4 miles... I get bored too, especially on a treadmill no matter what is on the TV or playing in my ears. Typically I'll do intervals or gentle pushes to break up the mundane.. that keeps me going.

Lots of miles today, good job everyone!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Hi all...I was planning on doing 6 tonight, but I just put my Ipod through the washing machine:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

I think my children just learned a few new words. UGH! Guess I get to spend some money tomorrow buying a new one. I know I should just run away, but I need my music and Nike+ or I will never make it that far. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Also...I am going to sign up for the 1/2 marathon that is in a little over a month....I need suggestions!! All you long racers....how should I go about this?

Happy Running..or pouting on the couch like me....

Ali

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear your Ipod. That is tradgedy, really. I was looking on ebay today and they have some plain rap verions of the new nano 4GB with screen and everything for like 20 to 40bucks. I was looking because I thinking of my daughter, mine was a lot more than that, but it looked just like it. Something to consider? To see them just put in for the looking for "4gb mp3 mp4 fm player" One that I saw had a little video, and it did stuff just like mine?
    Good luck with the marathon. I don't know how much you run now, but today was a big jump for me from about 6miles up to 8 miles, and I think I probably could have done more 6's or 7's before jumping so much, but I did it with a small amount of walking at the 6th and 7th mile. I had been trying to add a little each run and a mile per week more. All you can really do is add more to your distance when you go out, and hopefully you will be able to work up to it in time for the race. If not, do it anyway, you can always walk part of it. And you know you wont be the last one.
    Another thing I think might have helped and with a big run like that, I would eat a nutrition bar part way, I ate one before my run and I know it helps me go farther, but then I think it kind of runs out at 6 miles, kind of like running out of gas... You need the fuel to keep going. Or in your water might be good to. I don't know, just from what I am learning slowly. Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    Options

Ali

I use Runner's World Smart Coach for a training plan to work.

You can do it!
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Did my long run today - a little over 12 miles. Anyone else get bored to tears on their long runs? What are some of your tricks for passing the time?

My long runs are up to 9 miles now. It takes me about an hour and a half. I am fortunate enough to run in a beautiful golf course community so I just enjoy the views, sights, and sounds. Like SM said earlier this week, I have a lot on my mind. So, I also spend most of that time reflecting and looking ahead. If that would drive you nuts, I know a lot of runners who listen to music or books on tape.

12 miles is a good distance. Are you training for a race?
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!!

Have a great day!!

Don't forget to taper before the race!