32lbs to lose....Be my Buddy?

Options
Hey!

My name is Nita im 28 Years old and I am looking to lose 32lbs. I started my weight loss Journey more than a year ago weighing 240. I went all the way down to 192.0 but then I allowed my horrible eating habits land me back at 210. I have been on MyFitnessPal for a while but only using the app so I didn't know about the blogs and interacting with other. I have a gym membership that I rarely use but I will change that starting this week. My goal weight is 180lbs and I am looking for someone who is willing to go on this journey with me! Any takers ???

Replies

• Tanteee
    Tanteee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy add me. The forums and friends on here are really useful and motivational, can make all the difference.
  • Jollyin14
    Jollyin14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can be your buddy...add me too. This is a great site. I don't go to the gym cause i find it boring. I do a home DVD (Jillian Michael's 30 DS) and I go to Zumba. Zumba is sooo much fun and I thoroughly enjoy my class. 60 minutes just fly by and you sweat like mad. If this is something you are in to, then I highly recommend it.
  • Jaylee26
    Jaylee26 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! ADD me!
  • Mkjkmk
    Options
    I would love to have some buddies! I just started yesterday with the site. I've done weight loss programs before but always seem to gain the weigh back….I'm looking for something to help me lose weight and a life style. Im hoping to start my losing 18 pounds and go from there
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Of course!
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm in like Flynn! I like dealing with people who are serious about what they want. You are SERIOUS! You joined the site. You are reaching out. You have achieved success in the past and now you are back for MORE! Yep, you are serious and you can count me in! Let's get it done, Nita! 2014 is the year of perpetual victory!

-Nathan
  • MissKarlaJamaica
    MissKarlaJamaica Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Girlie! We are in similar boats! :-) Welcome.
  • mommasu25
    Options
    Hey!! I would LOVE to be your buddy and everyone who replied to this!! I gotta get movin', but all of this snow and winter has got me stalled. (excuse...I got that!)
    So..Let's get it going!! I'm in! :)
    Susan
  • ryjoysmom
    ryjoysmom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :wink: Add me too! I started about a week ago and am down 3 pounds so far but have LOTS to go! Hopefully we can all help each other reach our goals!
  • hadirk
    hadirk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your buddy :))
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    im in.. i started at 370.. i have 30 some left to go.. lets do this.. im now in the 160's over 200 released. this is our year!

feel free to add me..in my profile is a link to a group i started on here.. lot of warm people check us out.

all of you are welcome.. welcome to mfp!!
  • tiger_lily5
    tiger_lily5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I love it when people actually work together to support each other. A group of my friends (all local to me) recently started a 30 day challenge group on FB. We've been actively getting together for hikes or workouts or walks, whatever and it has been a great journey filled with support, so much so that we continued on into 60 days.

If you have a group of local friends that want to get healthy, in whatever capacity, I highly recommend doing that too. It's nice to have your own personal cheering section. It's nice to be able to post "I need to go for a walk, who wants to meet up." and have someone respond. I've gotten a lot closer to people that I wasn't so close to before as a result.

Our group started with 10 and ended with about 30, all with different goals. Some to lose, some to gain, some to get off sugar, but all with the intent of being a healthier version of themselves!