Veggie/vegan meals under 450 cals

Options
Scampimom
Scampimom Posts: 19 Member
Looking for some ideas for a proper evening meal that's going to fill me up, but ideally at 4-500 calories. 100g of potatoes and some salad just isn't going to cut it!

Replies

• jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but bumping for recipe ideas as well :)
  • Tagwild12345
    Tagwild12345 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a veggie and have pasta with weight watches garlic sauce and a weight watchers baguette it's yummy my daughter has it too and loves it. She's 12 and not dieting. Also asda do a healthy range of take out stuff. I get prawn linguine or prawn curry and rice and have them with ready to eat poppadoms which all together are under 400 x
  • Tagwild12345
    Tagwild12345 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Garlic baguette
  • laurenmelissaj
    Options
    Cous cous with salsa in lettuce wraps is one of my favourite meals :) Low in fat too!
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    my wife isn't a real vegetarian, she eats fish - we quite often make a bean stew, with tinned cannelloni beans, tinned tomatoes, anchovies, onions, olive oil and splashes of pepper sauce and red wine vinegar (plus herbs). She has it with pasta, I dont eat much wheat so normally just eat it as lumpy soup.

lovely and filling.
  • laurenmelissaj
    Options
    Also, my favourite vegan meal is to make a huge roasted vegetable soup.
    Roast a load of root vegetables (sweet potatoes, leeks, carrots, parsnips, onions, butternut squash) in some olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper and with a load of garlic.
    Boil in vegetable stock for about 5 minutes, then blend with a stick blender adding more water if it's too thick.
    No cream required. Comes in at around 130 calories a portion (so you can have A LOT) and is so so filling!
  • jeanners98
    jeanners98 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of different things, if you want to follow me on pinterest add me here on MFP and i'll send you my name!

But some easy/good meals:
    -asparagus, red onion, and mushrooms sautéed with a little olive oil, then toss with whole wheat penne, fresh lemon juice, and a little goat cheese! I think that ends up being around 350 per serving (i usually make 4 servings and bring some for lunch the next few days)

-asparagus and eggs with parmesan...sounds weird but i LOVE it with cracked pepper and a little sea salt. around 450 calories. (recipe http://naturallyella.com/2013/05/03/asparagus-and-eggs/ )

-open faced hummus, avo, and roasted tomato sandwiches (400-450 depending on bread): http://www.eatliverun.com/hummus-and-avocado-toasts-with-roasted-tomatoes/

ALSO I really recommend this vegan food blog: http://ohsheglows.com/

The blogger also lost a lot of weight through healthy, vegan, lowcal meals! some of the meals on there are definite splurges, but most are yummy salads/soups/entrees that are pretty low calorie. You will have to add up the cals yourself, though.
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I make a rendition of lasagna with eggplant instead of pasta noodles...get an eggplant, cut it into thin slices and layer in between with cottage cheese or italian spiced tomatoes...maybe a little shredded cheese...I bake it in a loaf pan....