BODY WRAP RECIPES PLEASE :)

Options
So I tried an overnight wrap around my tummy which consisted of body lotion and a mud facial mask. I smothered it all over my tummy and muffin top area, then put about 3 layers of plastic wrap around and then a tight bandage. I had this on for about 13 hours as I slept during this time. Washed it off this morning.

I think it helped somewhat but I didn't have a tape to take down measurements and I didn't take any photos.

I have heard that Vics Vaporub is a goody! Anyone had experience with that?

I have tried the 'It Works' body wraps which have had some impressive results... but I am looking for a cheaper alternative. Maybe a wrap with epsom salts.

Hoping to find some good DIY body wrap recipes. I would like to put the wrap around my thighs this time around.

By the way, I am aware that this section should be more for CONSUMABLE recipes... so I am sorry if I should place this topic elsewhere.

If you know of any good recipes, then please share :)

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing this?

The only good wraps I know of are sandwich wraps.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    The only thing a wrap does is dehydrate the wrapped area, as soon as you drink a glass of water it comes right back. Chicks do this so they can fit in a dress for a date, and the guys in the fat-boy program in the Military do it before weigh-ins so they can pass a BF measurement before PRT. It doesn't burn fat, or effect overall weight loss. It's a waste of time.

Rigger
  • Mommy2bug2
    Mommy2bug2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Home made body wrap.. you can get all this at walmart for under 20$ just put a quarter size of vitamin e oil and equate cellulite cream in your hand and put it on desired area ( belly legs arms ect.) Rub it in.. you don't have to rub in all the way.. wrap saran wrap as tight as possible... wrap like 10 to 15 times around area. Leave on for a few hours. Do it 3 times a week you will see results. Clean or do something active if ur wearing during daytime or at night have a warm blanket on.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Why are you doing this?

The only good wraps I know of are sandwich wraps.

+1
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I think it's helped eliminate toxins... not rid me of water weight o.O
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options

Oh GOD why. There are no toxins that your body can't get rid of with a functioning liver, kidneys and digestive system.
    There is no magic cure and this toxin stuff is just bull****. Including each and every 'cleanse' that also claims the same.

Eat right, do exercise, see weight loss.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,017 Member
    Options

Which toxins did it help eliminate and how did it do this?
  • nursediva00
    Options
    I am using albolene. Here are my results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAprHXwhsqk
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Really? Your body naturally detoxifies itself. Good luck with that. :smile:
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    The only thing a wrap does is dehydrate the wrapped area, as soon as you drink a glass of water it comes right back. Chicks do this so they can fit in a dress for a date, and the guys in the fat-boy program in the Military do it before weigh-ins so they can pass a BF measurement before PRT. It doesn't burn fat, or effect overall weight loss. It's a waste of time.

Rigger
    A body wrap and a bottle of water afterwards is too much for my budget! :bigsmile:
  • vslnrunner
    vslnrunner Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This post makes me very confused.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

Who needs that sciency stuff when you have health and fitness religion? So Pray-tell, what toxins are being eliminated? And how? Inquiring minds want to know. I want to see someone try to remove fat and toxins in their face with one of these wraps, that'd be fun to watch.

Rigger
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    If you learn anything from this site, please learn this is nothing more than a scam. Wraps are just a money making scam to desperate people. Don't be desperate.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    As previously mentioned, wraps aren't going to do anything but provide an extremely temporary reduction in size of the body area you use it on, since it will pull some of the water out of the skin and provide a slightly firmer look. If you're looking to look good for a specific event or something, then they actually can be very useful and I see nothing wrong with that. Depending on what and when you eat/drink after you use it, what type of wrap you use, and what part of the body you use it on, you can expect the effects to last maybe 8 to 48 hours or so. I once used a recipe that's green tea, sea salt, and bentonite clay (which you can get really cheap on Amazon), and liked the results. Can't remember the exact proportions but I'm sure you could find something you like on Google.

If you're looking to "remove toxins" or provide a more permanent benefit to your body or skin...wraps are not your ticket.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

IXUO5zJ.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Oh GOD why. There are no toxins that your body can't get rid of with a functioning liver, kidneys and digestive system.
    There is no magic cure and this toxin stuff is just bull****. Including each and every 'cleanse' that also claims the same.

This!!!

and...

Definitely this...

IXUO5zJ.gif
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    These wraps are useless. They do not eliminate toxins. They do not cause weight loss.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I think the bigger issue is, if your kidneys and liver are broken please rush yourself to the nearest hospital.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

IXUO5zJ.gif

Squee! !
  • snoodled
    Options

AGREED!!! Getting rid of toxins comes from the inside.