First 5K...

Options
I ran my first 5K yesterday with a time of 26:25. I wanted finish in 22 -23 min, but I guess that is not a horrible time for only training for 2 weeks. I was so happy upon finishing--I couldn't believe that I had run 3.1 miles without stopping and at an ok pace! Sorry I am just proud of myself! Just thought I would share.

There are 2 photos in my profile if you want to see how goofy my face looks when I run!1:laugh:

Replies

• FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    I ran my first 5K yesterday with a time of 26:25. I wanted finish in 22 -23 min, but I guess that is not a horrible time for only training for 2 weeks. I was so happy upon finishing--I couldn't believe that I had run 3.1 miles without stopping and at an ok pace! Sorry I am just proud of myself! Just thought I would share.

There are 2 photos in my profile if you want to see how goofy my face looks when I run!1:laugh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    toot0vz.giftoot0vz.gif

WAY TO GO!
  • jgcrichton
    jgcrichton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, well done. I gave up trying to run when bits of me kept falling off!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! That is great finish time for your first race!!! The sense of accomplishment is wonderful, isn't it!!?

19.gif19.gif19.gif19.gif

Tricia
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is an INCREDIBLE time!! I ran cross country in high school and my best time EVER was 25:45, and I averaged about 27 minutes. You ROCK!! :happy:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    So jealous! Did my first race a few weeks ago and finished in 36 minutes. :grumble:
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!! Go you!

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    YEY YOU!!! HOORAY! I can not wait to run my first! I actually googled "How to run a 5K" the other day...so I think I am getting the bug! WAHOOO! Any suggestions?

YOU GO GIRL!