Do you regularly reset your calories?

Options
I hit the 10 pounds lost mark here on MFP. It suggested I reset my goals. I agreed and it recalculated my calories. Now I'm wondering if I should have waited until I hit another plateau. I lost 4 pounds this past week. I feel like my body is finally adjusting to my increased workouts (crossfit 4 x's a week, and cardio on my own 2 additional days and on some of my crossfit days I do extra cardio as well). I don't want to screw things up by not eating enough. What do you do? Do you automatically reset?

Replies

• vslnrunner
    vslnrunner Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I usually do auto reset. I never really pay attention to it though.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit it yet this time around, but my plan is to reset as soon as I hit 10lbs lost, because at that point it's a significant enough loss to have different nutritional needs. Also remember to change the settings on your HRM if you have one - the calorie count will be different!
  • Clint9913
    Options
    I hit the 10 pounds lost mark here on MFP. It suggested I reset my goals. I agreed and it recalculated my calories. Now I'm wondering if I should have waited until I hit another plateau. I lost 4 pounds this past week. I feel like my body is finally adjusting to my increased workouts (crossfit 4 x's a week, and cardio on my own 2 additional days and on some of my crossfit days I do extra cardio as well). I don't want to screw things up by not eating enough. What do you do? Do you automatically reset?
    I had been resetting my goal every 10 lbs unitl til that last 3 suggestions. I reluctantly reset and it's been fine so far. My major gripe with MFP is that it retroactively resets ALL of my calorie goals from when I started making me look as if I wasn't compliant with the goals at that specific point in time. :-)
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options

I had been resetting my goal every 10 lbs unitl til that last 3 suggestions. I reluctantly reset and it's been fine so far. My major gripe with MFP is that it retroactively resets ALL of my calorie goals from when I started making me look as if I wasn't compliant with the goals at that specific point in time. :-)

I agree with the last statement. Considering that my daily allowance is now 400 less than when I started, it's totally misleading. Not really important but still irks me.