Curious of measurements

incircles_lp2
incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
So. I was wondering how to compare weight vs. clothing sizes and to see how other people who weigh close to the same weight as me compare. I have no idea what is normal for the different weight classes, especially since obviously muscle weighs more than fat, but I'm curious nonetheless...(take into account that I am an avid cyclist for the pant size)

Here are my stats:

Wt. 156lbs

Pant Size: 8 (6 in some brands)

Replies

• I am 4 months post baby and at 210 and am in size 17. But only 5'4". I am on the way to loosing at least 35 pounds to start where I left off before baby, but hoping to get to 150 or less. Not sure if this helped any or is what you wanted but there ya go. :)
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    I weigh 183 and I wear a size 14 pants.

I'm an hourglass shape, so I carry weight fairly evenly: not all in one area.

At 200, I need a size 16.

At about 175-ish I can wear a 12.

I've yo-yo'd between 175 and 200 my entire adult life, so I don't know what I would wear at any other size.

There's a great website <Mybodygallery.com> that has pictures of real women of all shapes and sizes and they log what pants/shirt sizes they wear. I used this to get some idea what pants size I would wear at my goal weight.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    weight: 153 ish
    pant size: 6 (with a few 8's for fat days)
  • This is an interesting subject. I am 5' 3", and at 178 lbs, I am a definite size 16.
    I am more of a pear shape, and until I put on these last 20 lbs, you couldn't tell I was overweight by looking at the top half of me.

Mostly I have to hem pants when I buy them, but every once in a while I get lucky. The petite sizes are just a little too short for me.

Still looking for a decent picture of myself to post. It isn't that I'm hideous, but I'm mostly behind the camera.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    I've always been confused about this as well. I weigh 142 and am in size 8. A couple size 6 and a couple size 10. I'm 5'5 inches. It amazes me how some people weigh more than me but wear a smaller size and the opposite - weigh less than me but wear a bigger size, lol.
This discussion has been closed.