Favorite Daytime Teas?

Options
I'm trying to get into tea as I think it will help me get enough water/ keep me full during the day and I've heard green tea can speed up metabolism a little bit. Do you drink tea? What are your favorite types? Loose leaf or tea bags? How many cups do you drink during the day? Does it help you lose weight?

Replies

• crumbtinies
    crumbtinies Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of tea. I don't think it really helps me lose weight, other than the fact that it keeps me from drinking sugar filled hot chocolate when I'm craving a warm beverage (I don't like coffee). My favorite kind at the moment is "tropical green tea" from Harney and Sons. It's green tea with pineapple and it is super tasty.
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm really into lemon and ginger 'tea' at the moment - more an infusion in a bag, no actual tea content. Very warming and zingy mmmmm.

I think it's helped me having a completely different flavour to encourage me to have another drink instead of snacking between my black coffees, especially at work.

Not a huge tea fan, much prefer coffee, but quite often share a pot of Earl Grey with hub in the evenings - start with drop of milk then keep topping up till the last mug or two are black tea - it's a big pot, lol!
  • eatspopcorn
    eatspopcorn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I drink tea at work. I don't know that it has a huge effect on 'speeding up metabolism', but it does curb my appetite during the work day. Too much hassle to drink loose leaf at work, so I just get bags. I like green and chai.
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea is my favorite. It smells like candycanes, which is kind of awesome :)
  • sarpearbear22
    sarpearbear22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My favorite teas are different varieties of chai. You get a lot of flavor, and as long as you don't steep it too long or too hot, you generally don't have to add sugar or milk.

What I would advise is buying a sampler package of different teas. That way you can figure out what you like best, without having to buy boxes and boxes of tea you may or may not like.