What to eat???

Options
I am struggling to find foods that fill me and my calorie count up. I am trying really hard to focus on portion control but lately I am finding myself either below or right at my calorie amount. I have recently upped from 1200 to 1300 because I felt that 1200 was not something I could sustain forever. I have never been a big snacker. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. I eat 2-4 tablespoons a day. It has fat and protein to keep you full longer, and 2 tbsp are general around 200 calories. I eat mine with a sliced apple a lot of the time, it's definitely a power-food combo :) Another great addition is almonds or walnuts, you can buy them in 100 cal packs or just weigh out your portions.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    1300 is probably better and don't forget to eat back at least some of your exercise calories. ( I go with about 1/2) I found that staying away from processed food and loading up on lots of vegetables has bulked up the volume with less calories. I love celery with peanut butter for a snack. I also like 1 or 2% cottage cheese with either fresh fruit or sliced green peppers.