Need some support!

Options
Hi, I'm Sarah. Last year was one of the worst years of my life, I dealt with a horrible eating disorder that took a major toll on my health. And since I can never stay in the gray, this year I gained all of the weight I lost back and more. I'm 18 years old and 210 pounds. Bleh. I'm tired of doing this the unhealthy way and ready to get out of that mindset to try and lose it and keep it off. I'm going to California the end of July and looking to be around 140-130 by then. But any loss counts! Really looking for some support from people, please add me!

Replies

• mygotti2005
    mygotti2005 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Sarah, You are on the right track!! It is all your mind set. I have been yo-yo dieting my entire life. I now believe after 5 years of being within 25 pounds of where I want to be I know what I am doing. If you need a boost you will get one from me. My name is Julie. This is a one day at a time program. Don't beat yourself up over a bad day. Put on your big girl panties and do it right the next day
  • randotallguy
    Options
    Hey Sarah. Congrats for wanting to get on the right track! That's really great of you. My name is Patrick and I've decided to get more serious about my weight loss and make some changes in my life. I actually live in Southern California and also want to be ready for summer. I know we can do it. I'll add you!
  • slovie64
    slovie64 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is something that you have to be in the right mind set to do...it's like quitting smoking. I tried thousands of times to quit, but when I really had it set in my head that I didn't want to smoke anymore, I was able to stop.

Same thing with dieting. If your head and heart aren't on board, before the day is through you're reaching for something you know you're not supposed to have. So take it one day at a time, and really get your motivation on.
  • cherub_72
    cherub_72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That goal looks to be somewhere around 80-90lbs total and 3-4 lbs a week if my math is correct. (My math isn't the greatest so I could TOTALLY be way wrong) 3 - 4 lbs a week seems a little aggressive to me. So I recommend that you look at that. Double check my math and make sure your goals are realistic and sustainable. I have NO experience with succeful dieting. I have YO-YO'd all over the place and am now attempting to be succesful with life change. Therefore I am an EXPERT an unrealistic and unsustainable goals. Make sure your goals are doable and sustainable because if they aren't you will only be emotionally beating yourself up only to have the oportunity to lose the weight all over again.

Progress is the key. Are you healthier today than you were yesterday? From your post I can say "ABSOLUTELY" because you are attempting to do this thing the healthy way. Get it girl! You got this!
  • sarajevo_x
    Options
    I guess, honestly, I don't care where I'm at when I get to July. All I care is that I'm healthy, cause I'm sure not now. I'd be happy with any progress at this point. Thank you so much for your support! (:
  • Iam4health
    Options
    I like your mindset of wanting to be healthy! That's my ultimate goal is to be healthy all the time. It has to start sometime so why not now right?! :happy:
  • mrstasha96
    Options
    Definitely the best attitude to have. I am aiming for 1-2 lbs per week in lost. It helps to make small changes. It will be hard, but as slovie64 stated, you have to be all in to be successful. I started by eliminating sodas.