Exercise to do at home?

Options
I am a stay at home mom and need some exercises that i can do inside. Whats some good ones? or maybe even some dvds?

Replies

• JLeeAlton
    Options
    Walk your stairs!

As for DVD's - All Jillian Michaels.. think the most popular is 30 day shred. Pretty inexpensive.
    P90X/Insanity/Turbo Fire - all from beachbody.com - expensive.

Those are my favs!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Zumba DVDS, Jillian Michaels, Turbo Jam. Those are the ones I've heard good things about!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried the Zumba for the Wii? I saw it on sale and contemplated buying it but haven't heard anything about it.
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Do you have ON DEMAND service with your cable provider? If so, check out Exercise TV! There's tons to do in there :)
  • denis0313
    Options
    Walk your stairs!

As for DVD's - All Jillian Michaels.. think the most popular is 30 day shred. Pretty inexpensive.

Those are my favs!

I totally agree P90x and insanity are expensive but look at what it would cost for a gym membership...and I am proof that its not a waste of your money!!! Look at it as an investment for the new you!
  • Jbwilson0708
    Options
    TURBO JAM is my favorite and very easy to learn and get in the hang of ... :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Walk your stairs!

Those are my favs!

Yes! I just got 4 from Amazon. $9.99 each. And they were all free shipping!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I second the Jillian Michael's dvds. They are all pretty inexpensive. If you have netflix, there are many movies on there! I sometimes to push-ups or sit-ups with my 1 year old on me, it makes it harder and fun for the kids!
  • becomingsara
    Options
    NETFLIX!!! If you have it already, tap into the streaming instant. TONS of good ones there.
    Also exercisetv.tv - lots of free to choose from.
    And don't forget your local library!
    Happy sweating!
    ~ Sara
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    TURBO JAM is my favorite and very easy to learn and get in the hang of ... :)

I love Turbo Jam, too!! It is SO much fun!
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    Don't forget to include some strength training too.
    Grab some hand weights and go. There are lots of circuit exercises you can find online using the weights.

As previously mentioned, I use my cable provider's on-demand programs to keep the variety going. Also, I do make use of my library card and pick 3 new DVDs every 2 weeks from there. My favorites are Zumba, Kathy Kaehler, Leslie Sansone, and Billy Blanks Jr.

Also, I enjoy exercising as I'm catching up on my DVR'd shows. Whether it be running in place, jumping on a small indoor trampoline, or working on my stability ball. :)
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    There are a TON of exercise videos on YouTube. My favorite is Paul Eugene. Also use your OnDemand from your cable company.
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home dvds, and love them!! I also look on youtube and www.exercisetv.com for new things that I might like.
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    videos.. i perfer the regular power90 if you need to get some indurance up first it is a good way to start
    just 30 minutes and all the exercises are doable... i lot 15 pounds doing it a few years back...but you have to do the complete 90 days no misses ...NO misses
    once you complete that you can move onto something like p90x
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    P90x is not for beginners. It's a very advanced workout. There's a test on their site to take to figure out if you're fit enough to take it and I can't complete it and I'm in the best shape of my life. I can't do a pull-up YET.
  • Christie_78
    Christie_78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been working out with Chalene Extreme lately, and I enjoy it. I also started TurboFire yesterday, also by Chalene and beachbody. Turbofire is a lot more intense! It is kicking my tail, in a good way!
  • jennifersteffen
    Options
    P90X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I really like :smile: Leslie Sansone and her "Walk Away The Pounds" videos !
  • ang2323
    Options
    "billy's bootcamp ~ cardio inferno" is great!! it works your legs abs and arms.. its only 9.00 at walmart.. it works!! :drinker:
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    pilates for dummies (lost 22 lbs in 3months 30min per day) i do that in 10minutes now (18 exercises)
    Kettlebells+resistance bands+balance board I have too. +stationary bike