Low Carb Eater

Options
Hello all. I am trying to lose my holiday weight (and then lose a whole lot more of me after that :)). I prefer a relatively low carb lifestyle because once I start eating bread and starches I'm done...it's all I want to eat! Plus I find I just feel better eating mostly protein and veggies.

That's not to say I cut all carbs out. I will have fruit, and some veggies that are considered starchy, like carrots, and I'll eat yogurt. But all sugar/potatoes/rice and most breads are a bozo no-no until I drop some weight.

Any other low carbers out there? If so, can you share some good vegetable recipes that are relatively low fat and super yummy?

Replies

• aimeegoudas
    aimeegoudas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a lowcarber! I found my biggest success on Atkins many years ago (maintained 1999-2007) - in 2007 i added flour & sugar back in.......and here I am today needing to lose that same 55 lbs and regain health - I have been sick for that long. In fact, I recently learned I have a gluten allergy.

I follow an "almost paleo" lifestyle, as I cannot yet say bye to dairy! I started a group on here, which is not focused on this, however all my food posts are of a low carb nature. Feel free to join us! Or just friend me if you need someone to bounce stuff off.
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Aimee - what is your group called? Open to all?
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I low carb too. I went off the deep end over the holidays and still can't kick my butt back into action. Sweets are my weakness. This week, I started a carb detox. I had 7 gms on Monday, 38(bad!) yesterday. I'm up to 14 today. After a week, I will add more veggies in, but right now, it's proteins, proteins, and very low carb veggies(eggplant, celery). I had peanut butter yesterday and that's what kicked my carb count up :(
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im a low carber also. Feel free to add me.
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello! Look for the Low Carb group or Paleo/Primal Group, sadly you will catch hell posting about low carb in the "regular" forums.
    Don't take it personally ;))
    Just visit the other locations
  • aimeegoudas
    Options
    I just made this last night - mushrooms & spinach sauteed iwith a bit of cream and parmesan.

Spaghetti squash is my go-to. I eat it at least weekly.

cauli-rice ("rice" made out of cauliflower) GUILT FREE!

brussels sprouts with proscuitto or bacon!

i could keep going...
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've eaten low carb(cycling in cheat days) since 2007. I usually eat under 100g carbs mostly beans, dairy and meat. you're welcome to add me for support.
  • aimeegoudas
    Options
    it's this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19238-40-is-the-new-20

open to anyone - don't let the name fool you! I just wanted a place where I felt comfortable and can draw people with the same wellness-type interests and/or a desire to just be REAL. life is hard, and none of us are perfect. hopefully having a group of like-minded people we can all meet our goals!
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    Low Carber Daily Forum....The Group!!!

This is a Low Carb Group here in MFP !!

I enjoy the Green Giant Steamers of whole Green beans.....after they are finished steaming in the microwave I move then to a hot skillet with 1 TBSP of good Olive oil and some minced Garlic and toss the beans around for a couple minutes. This make the best Green Beans :)
  • Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Same here :-) will join group and add me up as well for cheering :drinker: