trying to fight the winter blah's here in mn

Options
Hi,
im 39 and weigh 225 i really need help staying on track. I start off the day great and by lunch the voice in my head says.."Go ahead eat what you want there is always tomorrow" bad news is, tomorrow never came but my pants and clothes just got tighter and tighter. i was doing great and I got down to 177 a year ago but then i brok my foot and gained back what i had lost. this bums me out. so if anyone out there would like to have a buddy to stay honest with i would love that. I would love to feel good about myself again.

thank you for listening

Replies

• mel5580
    mel5580 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, you are welcome to add me..I have been here three weeks and love the support of all the friends I have here...feel free to add :smile:
  • Meredith8684
    Meredith8684 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you're having a hard time being accountable to yourself, maybe it would work to open up your diary and picture yourself as accountable to your friends? I'm happy to be friends with you! Good luck!
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello! Would love to connect...I'm 41, 2 kids, 2 furry friends and I've also lost the same weight more than once. I truly feel different this time and MFP has been a big help! Start small...even if you don't make the exact calorie limits today try to reduce day by day and set another goal like drinking more water, or even committing to a 10-15 minute walk. Once you feel good about hitting those smaller goals you will want to keep challenging yourself to do more! You can do it!
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am in MN too! Bracing for the next storm to hit tomorrow. I am in the same boat, lost and gained the same weight back, working on losing it for the second time. I started my journey at 320 got down to 185 and then crept back to about 260 over 4 years....would love to hit onederland again. I have been "trying" for a year now but really just got serious in about November, I have seen about 10 lbs come off, but my clothes fit so different and I am much stronger already. So still plugging away!
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in MN, too! Luckily the nicer weather is upon us (I hope) and soon you'll be able to get out and go. Until then, you've got to find a motivation that will push you. I try to play a game with myself. How long can I go without going to the vending machine? Let's take the stairs to the 4th floor instead of the elevator. STOP buying bad snacks. Load up your desk with apples, oranges, yogurt, peanut butter etc. Have granola with your yogurt. Eat an apple with some peanut butter. But think about what you're eating before you eat it-- does it serve your body or does it quiet your mind?

I also wonder what you may be eating during breakfast and lunch. Eating some protein with each meal will keep you full and lessen your hunger or cravings.

Feel free to add me!