What to drink?

Options
Hi! I'm a student at Uni and this weekend we're having a house party because some friends are coming up. I've declined a few nights out recently because of all of the calories in alcohol but I can't miss this one (I can't sustain this whole thing if I can't even attend my own house parties!)

So. What do I drink? I would usually have a bottle of Rose and that would do me - but would spirits be better? I'm worried that I'd end up drinking the same number of calories anyway, and might as well have just had my bottle of wine!

Replies

• jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Try to stay away from beer and high calorie sugary mixers! I gained weight in college from drinking way too much beer, and vodka cranberries. Now I typically go for vodka with club soda (zero calories). Depending on the percentage and brand of vodka, you are looking at about 60-80 calories per oz. The club soda is a good mixer, one of the only ones with zero calories or sugar. Just splash a little lime or lemon in it and you are good to go. I tend to go for that when I know I will be drinking a lot, or red wine if I am going to have a more chill night.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Vodka and a diet mixer.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ketel One Vodka w/ soda water & lime - usually around 69 calories for 1 oz shot of ketel and as much soda you want with it

Make sure it's soda water (carbonated water - 0 calories) and not tonic
  • Srarojas
    Srarojas Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It's really okay to go to parties and not drink alcohol. It's fun to watch all the drunk people make fools of themselves!
  • LeanneHarrington3
    LeanneHarrington3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just think, if you are going to have a night off, or a night on, then you might as well treat yourself and enjoy it :)
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Vodka mixed with a diet soda.
    Rum actually also isn't too bad on calories, so a diet rum and coke wouldn't ruin anything C:
    But shhh I'm 18.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet cran-cherry juice. Good for the kidneys, tastey, and low in cal
  • aebrown1993
    aebrown1993 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll think it over! Sounds like vodka is going to be the way to go.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Ketel One Vodka w/ soda water & lime - usually around 69 calories for 1 oz shot of ketel and as much soda you want with it

Make sure it's soda water (carbonated water - 0 calories) and not tonic

This!

My new go-to drink! It was a bit of a transformation from what I was drinking before, but after a few nights I got used to it and now love the taste!
  • RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    Gin. Every time.
  • ThinEdielynne
    Options
    Clear liquor and a zero calorie mixer like diet coke or club soda is good. Champagne has less calories than wine and bubbles that will make you feel fuller, but one glass of red wine is heart healthy and actually boosts metabolism a tiny bit for about 45 minutes after drinking it.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

there ya go.
    drink what you want, make it fit.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Why would you not drink *your* drink that you love? A you going to spend your life without touching rose? How about trying if you can do half a bottle sipping slowly and have some soda on the side? Or mix your rose with club soda to make a light punch (add may be a dash of fruit for flavour, a few frozen cranberries may be?)

Just thinking out loud, cause it seems to me the way to go in the long run is to make the things you love work for you, not for you to try to work against them.
  • rlp1975
    rlp1975 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Crown Royal on the rocks! 67 cals per shot I believe! Sounds good to me..... hey... its 5:00 somewhere..... LOL
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Crown Royal on the rocks! 67 cals per shot I believe! Sounds good to me..... hey... its 5:00 somewhere..... LOL
    96 per 1.5oz. Same for all 40% ABV liquor.
  • aebrown1993
    aebrown1993 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why would you not drink *your* drink that you love? A you going to spend your life without touching rose? How about trying if you can do half a bottle sipping slowly and have some soda on the side? Or mix your rose with club soda to make a light punch (add may be a dash of fruit for flavour, a few frozen cranberries may be?)

Just thinking out loud, cause it seems to me the way to go in the long run is to make the things you love work for you, not for you to try to work against them.

That's kind of what I feel like! But maybe it's too soon, given I've only recently started, to start putting things I love (but are so bad!) back in!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I've started to love Dark Beers. Guiness dark. Yeah, they have 150 cal per serving or something, but I get the buzz I want from one.

I like the idea of making your drink a spritzer.

and get some water in between so you spread them out.