:o) :o) :o)

Options
Okay, this is just one of those things that I literally feel like shouting from the roof tops.

I, Tara, just ran my first mile STRAIGHT! 13 minutes!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Seriously I am so happy! I went to my normal Zumba class and then afterwards I was like hmm, I feel like running. So I hopped on the treadmill and took off. I kept thinking, "Ya know Tara, a week ago tonight you were laying in a hospital bed, ya really think you can break your running plateau of .75 on a fluke?"

A HA! YES! I think I can! So I did. :o) I can run a mile now and I could not be more thrilled! :o)

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, WTG!!!! You should be proud!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Thats awesome!!! Congratulations honey!!!! =]

You must be Soooooo Proud!! I would be too!!! XXXXxxx

Keep it up!!!
  • claudiaquintero
    Options
    Very nice!!
  • lindseyelyzabeth
    lindseyelyzabeth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    this is a HUGE goal of mine! i've never been good at running, but i seriously have dreams at night that i can run, effortlessly. so, i can really feel what an amazing moment this is for you! i, too, will be there one day, SOON! GREAT JOB!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats--especially with the hospital stay (hope you're feeling better!) Keep up the awesome work!
  • BleacherAddict
    Options
    CONGRATS! I hit mine for the first time last week and it was the GREATEST feeling!! I know you're thrilled! WTG! :happy:
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wooooo:happy: HOOOO! You go girl! :happy: You did it! It was you and you alone that conquered that mile. You never gave up and look at what you have accomplished; hold on to that cuz girl you pushed through and ROCKED IT!! I can completely understand the excitment you feel..... I ran my first mile since middle school a couple weeks ago!
    Keep it up.:laugh:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    That is great! Congratulations! :bigsmile:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Today, 1 mile. One year from now, 13.1. Yeah, i laughed when someone said it to me, but Sunday it becomes reality.
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Today, 1 mile. One year from now, 13.1. Yeah, i laughed when someone said it to me, but Sunday it becomes reality.

So true. Best of luck to you MiloBloom, and Tara... way to go girlfriend! So proud of you :)
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • tes8612
    tes8612 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is awesome!!!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wooo Hooo! Great job!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! Let me just say, to those who want to do it...you so can. If I can? Come on now...You so SO can..LOL!

BleacherAddict, wannbAhottie...how are you progressing from here? I was so set on hitting a mile I'm not entirely sure what my next goal should be! MiloBloom83, I would love to hear from you on this too! And MASSIVE good luck to you on Sunday! I want to hear about it!! :o)

Thank you!! :o)
  • thatklutzychick
    thatklutzychick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! I know that feeling really well -- I ran my first mile in July and am now training for my first half marathon in January.

Your next goal should be to finish a 5k without walking. It's a little over three miles, but it's totally doable! AND if you sign up for a "race" you get a free t-shirt and get to feel like a badass. Good luck with your goals!
  • BleacherAddict
    Options
    I registered for my first couple races the day I hit my mile. I was so excited. I am running a one mile in December and a 1.4 mile in February. Next goal is to run a 5k in the spring, a 10k in the fall, and a half marathon in 2012 (when I'm 30).

I just got thru registering for the lottery to run the 5k at the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC in April! :happy:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    5K for sure! You can sooo do it!

Congratulations!!!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yep, time to train for a 5K now. Way to go!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Okay! Perfect! I'm trying to find one to register for! I'm not sure how quickly I should be pushing myself or if I should just aim for the spring when it will be warmer! lol!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!