6 week challenge

Options
I am a very competitive person, and need some sort of competition in order to reach my personal goals this being said I want to do a 6 week challenge of losing 20lbs... Yes it's a high number but it's simply a number to reach for..this challenge will include weekly goals , who would like to join me???

Replies

• candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Posted in the wrong place area but anyone ???
  • hunnyhun921
    hunnyhun921 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    with only 25lbs to lose you should not be trying to lose 20lb in 6 weeks... crash diet much!?

and you're in the gaining weight section so i dont think you'll get many takers...
  • candykay0605
    Options
    Like I stated 20 is only a number not saying that's what I want to do in 6 weeks and like I said I realize I posted in the wrong place. Also I simply like have a numeral goal I know 20 in 6 weeks is high please read before you judge people
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    i just don't understand why you would set yourself up for failure?

why not set a reasonable goal and be happy when you reach it rather than a goal that can only be hit by starving yourself which will probably lead to disappointment and bingeing?
  • candykay0605
    Options
    I do what works for me. The number is simply a number for everyone. I eat lots of fruit n veggies n lean protein I don't starve myself never have and never will. I appreciate your concern
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Erm, shall we start this again?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Erm, shall we start this again?

theres no point...
  • hunnyhun921
    hunnyhun921 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not going to lose 20 lbs in 6 weeks. Though I have seen some do it. (Not up for debate) But imagine how hard you would work if 20lbs were the number you were aiming for. 20 lbs was just a goal for you to get as close to as possible. That's what I got out of it. Sorry it didnt work out for you.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    you should check out dietbet.com

you bet X amount to lose 4% of your BW in 4 weeks

hope it helps =)
  • Relle3
    Relle3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    IM SO IN!
  • candykay0605
    Options
    I know I'm not going to lose 20 lbs in 6 weeks. Though I have seen some do it. (Not up for debate) But imagine how hard you would work if 20lbs were the number you were aiming for. 20 lbs was just a goal for you to get as close to as possible. That's what I got out of it. Sorry it didnt work out for you.

I am very glad you get it! It was simply a number!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    that is 3.3 pounds per week, which means that you would need a weekly deficit of 11,550 calories or or 1650 per day, deficit...if your TDEE is 1500 this means you would have to eat negative 150 calories per day ....

yea, totally realistic...
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    that is 3.3 pounds per week, which means that you would need a weekly deficit of 11,550 calories or or 1650 per day, deficit...if your TDEE is 1500 this means you would have to eat negative 150 calories per day ....

yea, totally realistic...

This was exactly why I said what I did!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

I am very glad you get it! It was simply a number!
    But why would you want to lose 20 lbs in 6 weeks? You know that wouldn't be 20 lbs of fat, right? You know that would be very unhealthy? Regardless of how realistic, why aim for unhealthy?
  • Shameka808
    Options
    Count me in to. Not sure about 20 but I will try to get a close as possible.
  • candykay0605
    Options
    Once again simply a freakin number sorry I offended all of you holier than thou people . I forgot how many perfect people were on here
  • sweetblackberry1
    sweetblackberry1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Count me in and add me if you want .I'm trying to lose 30 pounds already lost 4 i hope in 6 week lose about 15 more.
  • TEMMEAlexa
    TEMMEAlexa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I guess you are already familiar with the fact that while loosening fat, the extra water is the first thing to go. The real fat weight is a bit difficult to lose overtime. I'd say losing 20 Pounds in six week is okay. But, I would much appreciate if you could share your diet and workout plan.
  • krapanos
    krapanos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Once again simply a freakin number sorry I offended all of you holier than thou people . I forgot how many perfect people were on here

Please don’t be so offended by people advising you that your goal is unrealistic. It doesn’t mean they are ‘holier than thou’, they are just trying to help you out. More importantly, if your post is a challenge to other MFP users….make it something that’s achievable, don’t just pick a random number out of thin air. Do a bit of research to see what’s typical/achievable for healthy weight loss for someone your size, and then create your goal.

Try setting yourself a ‘SMART’ goal, that way you’ll have a better chance of success.

S – specific
    M – measurable
    A – achievable
    R – realistic
    T – time bound (has a deadline)