Tredmill and Shin Pain

Options
Just a quick question. I've been going to the gym for about 2 months now and have been using the tredmill at about 5.0 walk to warm up before my workout and have noticed that the front of my shins start to hurt. Am I walking wrong or doing something wrong and is there some way to stop this from happening? Thanks.

Replies

• Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have horrible shin pain when on a treadmill. I watched this video plus several others and reading. This has helped me but slow process for me to retrain myself to run/walk properly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J-7beA-daw
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have found if I up the incline a little bit it helps the shins. The other thing is, try using a foam roller and rolling out your calves and shins after your workout. You can get tightness from the treadmill as well as whatever your workout is (I'm assuming weights?) Rolling is delicious.
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    might be shin splints... there are insoles that are supposed to help with the pain
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Shin splints suck! Aside from the other advice--I'd make sure you shoes aren't broken down and that they're right or your feet.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have horrible shin pain when on a treadmill. I watched this video plus several others and reading. This has helped me but slow process for me to retrain myself to run/walk properly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J-7beA-daw

This and checking you have good shoes.
  • raeganjayne15
    Options
    My mum and I started doing c25k awhile back and she was getting horrible shin pain. We started running on the grass around the football oval and that helped her alot.
    Maybe you have ill fitting shoes? You could try wearing compression socks to see if that makes a difference?