IIFYM

Options
Hey,

Newbie to IIFYM, any suggestions or pointers. Im starting today! So far so good!! Im consuming 1721 daily!

Goal is to lose body fat!

Replies

• KatissimusDorsi
    Options
    I like IIFYM! So flexible and doesn't restrict your food choices.

My only advice is to make sure you're getting in nutritious stuff too. When I did IIFYM after a long period of attempting "clean" eating, I was gorging on desserts and fast food. I didn't gain weight since I kept within my calories and macros, but I didn't feel that great either. Vitamins and minerals are important!

Other than that looks like you're enjoying it. Just keep checking back in with yourself - that you're continuing to feel great, seeing results and feel you can keep doing it!
  • protein321
    protein321 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It works great for me. I make sure to get %80-%90 of my calories from "clean" nutritious foods and the rest can be from whatever. Also protein is the #1 priority :P
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Find foods that are primarily one macro that you ENJOY. If you don't like fat free cheese for example.. you don't have to use it. Fat free or lower fat foods make it easier to hit carbs and protein more accurately. It makes it really easy to assemble meals if you have an awkward amount of fats/carbs/protein at the end of the day.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Newbie to IIFYM, any suggestions or pointers. Im starting today! So far so good!! Im consuming 1721 daily!

Goal is to lose body fat!
    Thats my calorie goal as well... :)
    Get that protein! :)
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It is important to make healthy choices while hitting your macros. Yes, you could probably eat a large DQ blizzard instead of dinner and maybe hit your calorie goal for the day. But you won't be hitting your macros. You will be over in fat, carbs, and sugar. You will be under in protein. Fitting your macros is more than not going over your calories. Of course we all treat ourselves now and then, but aim for each day to be at least 80-95% healthy food. It's what your body needs to keep you strong and healthy.
  • HavtaLose
    HavtaLose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started today too! I'll be watching this thread.