Help I can't decide! Fitbit flex or Fitbit force?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I love my Flex.

It is small and lightweight. The iPhone app is super easy and since my phone is always near, it's not like I need a Force with the display anyway.

Plus, it looks cool ... like a modern bracelet...

Once or twice I thought maybe aliens used it to track my activity...kinda like how we band birds and tag dolphins.... but those thoughts are fleeting and usually coincide with my alcohol consumption.

Wait...what?
  • cshouston81
    Options
    I hear the Fitbit bands are prone to breaking. I prefer the Jawbone UP because the iPhone app is much better and it has the ability to vibrate and wake me up each morning when I'm in a "light" stage of sleep. I don't wake up groggy and cranky anymore. It's pretty awesome.
  • frecklesandfries
    frecklesandfries Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Once or twice I thought maybe aliens used it to track my activity...kinda like how we band birds and tag dolphins.... but those thoughts are fleeting and usually coincide with my alcohol consumption.

Wait...what?

Hahahah I just died. Thats perfect. I will never look at my flex in the same way again.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Force...

...because stairs climbed.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    <--- omg this is SO me. I"ve lost TWO FitBits in the last year (an Ultra and then a One) and yes... I lose chapsticks and pens on a daily basis lol.
  • foxxyroxy12
    foxxyroxy12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have owned a FitBit One for a few years and I currently use a FitBit Force and I love it!! I wish it was a little smaller but I love the display and that this model did not lose the ability to count stairs/elevation. It helps me to make a conscious effort to get at least 15 sets of stairs in a day.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Has FitBit fixed the nickel issue in the Force? Folks who are sensitive or allergic to nickel were breaking out from the Force. Just something to consider.

I really like my Flex. :) I don't need to wear a watch anyhow... watching those little LED lights really motivates me. :)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex, got it when it first came out. It all depends on what you're looking for. For me, I like it on the wrist. I didn't think I would like having to put it on my clothes, remember to not wash it. If I'm in for the night, I change and didn't think hooking it to a nightgown would work well.

The pros for the flex for me - the wristband - it's comfy - I take it off to charge the inner piece once a week. I have a bird that's not crazy about it, if he wants to sit on that arm, I slip it off. I wear it in the shower, have never had a problem, I took it in the pool last summer. It's waterproof to 10m I think. I did that once, don't see the point of wearing it swimming. I love the sleep feature and the alarm that wakes you gently without blaring noises. I bought the black band, and the three pack wristbands and also traded online for someone with the slate one in my size. I also just got the lime green one. Not a fan of pink or violet so not getting those. Each time I change the battery I slip on a new color.

I have a desktop computer in my room and it syncs nicely. I also have the app on my phone so when I'm out or at work, it's easy enough to see what's going on. I thought no display would be a problem but I quickly got over that. You can use the dots for a quick check and sync when you need specific numbers. And when you hit your goal the lights flash and it vibrates.

I don't do stairs for exercise - I have a two story home and the parking garage at work maybe - so that missing feature from the Flex means nothing to me.

I prefer logging my numbers here and letting it sync on the Fitbit site.

When the Force came out I was annoyed and wanted to jump and get one, but reading some of the comments online made me realize that the Flex is what works for me.

And the biggest pro for all of them, I think, is that I'm now hitting 10K steps most days. When I got this, I was doing 3-4K. I take longer routes in stores, parking lots, at work, they all add up. It's helped me make great habits. I know people have complained about the price but I think it was totally worth it. I'm totally worth it. :bigsmile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Everyone saying the stairs are irrelevant who haven't owned a device that tracks stairs...

...you may not know what you're missing. I didn't think much of the feature when I got my One, but it's easily one of the most entertaining for me. Was also fascinating to see how many more stairs I get than my wife...partially because I tend to forget things around the house, but also because I'm the one who "runs upstairs" to get something that someone needs.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Wait until the Amiigo gets released !
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Force, cause stairs. You may scoff and say you don't do stairs for a workout. I don't do stairs either and yet...26 flights today. That's kinda cool and worth being aware of, to me.
  • whiplash2411
    Options
    So, I have been using the Flex for around five months now. I like the fact that I can change the bands out. I also wear a wristwatch, so the Force's display is a little redundant for me.

But what the others have said about the Flex picking up hand movement is true. I type very fast on my laptop, so I usually take my Fitbit off when I sit down to write massive emails and the like haha.
  • aqwas
    aqwas Posts: 7
    Options
    I chose the Flex because I'm a paddler, and I live in the rainy Northwest, so it has to be waterproof.
    I would have liked the watch and altitude options, but waterproof was a deal breaker.

I've had it for about a month and love it so far, but agree that it's not super accurate. Still, it certainly shows the difference between a sedentary and an active day.

I'm looking forward to the jewelry options coming up.
    http://blog.fitbit.com/announcing-the-tory-burch-for-fitbit-accessory-collection/
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options

Wow. Jewelry makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks for the link.