Eat back calorie foods

Options
I understand the principle of eating back calories after workouts and excercise etc but my question is what foods to eat back?Ultimately i am trying to loose weight but i have found myself probably not eating enough and potentially puting m body into storage mode.

What sor of foods do i eat to increase my calorie intake especially after workouts? Common sense would say not to eat fatty foods etc but i need something to up my calorie intake!

Whats everyone's advice or experiences?

Replies

• popo312
    popo312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Curious here too. It ups everything but does it matter as much as your base macros?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much about the fat, but do focus on healthy fats, like those found in nuts. A serving of nuts has around 200 calories!

Cook in olive oil, use full fat milk, add full fat cheese to your veggies (even if they are cooked in oil)...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Protein shake? Cottage cheese with fruit? Ice cream if it fits in your macros...etc...
  • KatissimusDorsi
    Options
    As long as your deficit isn't super drastic (probably want to keep it to no more than 400-600 cals per day), then you shouldn't go into "storage" mode.

Regarding eating back calories...ummm whatever you want, really.

Make sure you're getting enough protein every day (you may need more on days you train), stay within your calorie range and let the rest fall where it may. Don't be afraid of fat!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, ice cream. Or bacon.