Hi

Options
i just found this site and am so excited about it. I have struggled all of my life with my weight and i am tired of it. I have gained 25 pounds this year because of 2 surgeries and alot of stress. I am a stress eater!! I am 30 years old and a full time college student. Did I mention that I am married to a fireman/emt and have a 5 year old daughter? So stress is part of life for me like many other people. I am beginning to realize that if I don't find a better way to deal with the stress, like exercise, I won't be able to enjoy the great things in life. So, here goes... Wish me luck!!

Replies

• andreabwest
    Options
    i just found this site and am so excited about it. I have struggled all of my life with my weight and i am tired of it. I have gained 25 pounds this year because of 2 surgeries and alot of stress. I am a stress eater!! I am 30 years old and a full time college student. Did I mention that I am married to a fireman/emt and have a 5 year old daughter? So stress is part of life for me like many other people. I am beginning to realize that if I don't find a better way to deal with the stress, like exercise, I won't be able to enjoy the great things in life. So, here goes... Wish me luck!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and welcome.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Best to you and welcome to the site...hope you get a handle on dealing with your stress...I've been there...stress can rob your body...let us know how you're doing...I've found bellydance and I love it...let me know if you're interested.

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • tonidemeza
    Options
    I feel ya hun!! I'm 31 married to a soldier, who has been deployed for the past 8 months, and I have 3 kids and 3 step kids...thankfully not all in the same house. LOL
    I too am a fulltime student....but trust me when I say...It will get easier....plan out your day, your meals, schedule your workout sessions, anything to keep you busy and NOT thinking about food.....do what you need to do to minimize the stress in your life...and things will fall into place.

What are your goals? I wish you the best, dear!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Welcome, come chat with us when you are stressed and we'll get you through that stress eating craving.

Anne
  • wmbeery
    Options
    I just joined myself a few days ago and I also LOVE this site! My boss actually told me about it. We are doing our own version of the Biggest Loser at our job and we all put money in, and the "Biggest Loser" gets to go shopping for new clothes for their slimmer body! That's a great motivation, but just knowing that I am surrounded by people who are all trying to do the same thing I am is really encouraging and helps me stay focused. I see these people on a daily basis, and we all ask each other how's it going, we weigh in together on Tuesdays, etc. I hope this is the answer to my continuing battle with the bulge. So I wish you the best, and let's do this!
  • morrius
    morrius Posts: 16
    Options
    welcome to both of you and best of luck. Like Toni said plan ahead and it will make things so much easier.