Feeling a bit low!

Options
For some reason when I go over 1000 calories a day, I feel extremely low and feel like I won't lose any weight?
I have to push myself to eat 1200. I only feel happiest when I reach 800-900 cals. Over 1000 I feel like I'm eating too much.
Does anyone feel like that?

Replies

• kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I did. But I didn't lose any weight when I as eating 1200. I had to make myself eat 1300 calories a day to lose weight.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Sometimes I do. But it's very important to get that 1200, because you risk ruining your metabolism otherwise, and that will totally kill your weight loss in the long run. If you have a hard time eating that much, eat fewer things that are higher in calories. Things like nuts, peanut butter, and avocados. Hope that helps.
  • wittlemunchkinx
    Options
    I love food and can scoff it until I burst.
    I mainly struggle to eat more because I don't want to go over 1000 ><! Not sure why!
    It feels like I won't lose anything :S!
  • pteach
    Options
    Kelsey -- did you really notice a difference in weight lose once you INCREASED your caloric intake to 1200? May I ask how tall you are and how long you exercise each day?
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If your parents were born in the 1950's or 60's they might have unconsciously passed that belief to you because that was the thinking back then. It sounds like it might be time for you to step out of your comfort zone. Be brave and give yourself a chance. You will see positive results.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Actually...no I n ever feel that way. If I had to push myself to eat 1200 cals, I don't think I would be on this website.
  • SassyStef
    Options
    I think you are having a mental block, like one of those quirk things. Change you thinking, do what is healthy and you will get the results you want.
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    For some reason when I go over 1000 calories a day, I feel extremely low and feel like I won't lose any weight?
    I have to push myself to eat 1200. I only feel happiest when I reach 800-900 cals. Over 1000 I feel like I'm eating too much.

You need to go talk to a doctor or therapist. You are already in the middle of the healthy bmi range. You honestly don't need to be dieting. You are starving yourself. That's close to a eating disorder if not one already.

I hope you get help. Good luck
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Kelsey -- did you really notice a difference in weight lose once you INCREASED your caloric intake to 1200? May I ask how tall you are and how long you exercise each day?

I was eating 1200 calories for about 2 weeks and I didn't lose a pound. I also was exercising for about 30 minutes a day. burning off about 500 calories a day. Once I increased my calories to 1300 I lost 2 pounds a week every week since then. and I even skipped out on exercising some. I believe the reason why is because my body went into starvation mode and was holding on to everything. & I'm 5'6.
  • amysambora
    Options

I feel like this too, and I'm currently receiving help for an eating disorder. Looking back over my weight loss, I lost the most when I was eating 1200 a day. When I ate about 800 (which I felt compelled to do, thanks to my eating disorder), I didn't lose as much and I felt tired and miserable. It's really hard to get past these mental blocks, but talking to someone will really help you. Good luck! *hugs*
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I was eating 1200 calories for about 2 weeks and I didn't lose a pound. I also was exercising for about 30 minutes a day. burning off about 500 calories a day. Once I increased my calories to 1300 I lost 2 pounds a week every week since then. and I even skipped out on exercising some. I believe the reason why is because my body went into starvation mode and was holding on to everything. & I'm 5'6.

I don't think that is nearly enough time to come up with any meaningful data. 2-3months maybe. I'm on my 3rd week of 1k calorie days and still consistently losing at least 4lbs a week. I'll continue this for 2-3 months then do the opposite and test out eating more calories for 2-3months.