If every day were like today you'd weigh xxx...

Options
When you check in for the day and MFP says, "If every day... you'd way xxx lbs". Do you give that any street cred? Or is it just fluff?

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    BAH:angry:
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    Pffffft.....fluffy fluff.:noway:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    All lies.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It's never been right with it's predictions. I ignored it from the start.
  • HiDeeO
    Options
    Hoping it has no basis - since one day of eating off plan has me gaining 8 lbs in the 5 week plan!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    IDK Bonecrusher, but I like your ticker. One of the first dates my husband took me on was to a microbrewery in Boston with a sampler plank. I found out I liked beer if it wasn't Bud, Coors, or Busch. LOL
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It is sorta right. Of course, that is just based on the estimated calorie defict for the day * 35 day factoring in 3.5k Cal = 1#.... Of course, if you ate 6 grams of salt with your lunch (Sometimes my burritos get up there....) then you might be up 3# from that morning when you get up... And then if you screw that up and eat too much the next day.....
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's accurate, but I find it encouraging at least. It's nice to see a lower number than what I weigh currently.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    ... There is no real smarts in the equation. For it to have any accuracy it needs to look back at a week or more of data the problem is it only looks at 24 hour snapshot.
  • BonecrusherBrews
    BonecrusherBrews Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    IDK Bonecrusher, but I like your ticker. One of the first dates my husband took me on was to a microbrewery in Boston with a sampler plank. I found out I liked beer if it wasn't Bud, Coors, or Busch. LOL

Awesome! I found out in a very similar way. My friends took me out to a craft beer bar and prior to that I didn't think I liked "beer".
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Nope I dont go by it!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    street cred? Lulz.

Did you hear that term in a movie?

Yeah, probably one with Vin Diesel.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFmG7hc1uUSyJwGOvoX_k70ePyntT8vLzFPANj9pYFPk9GtStkBQ

Hnnnng his V....
    *fans self*

Pay no mind to the prediction.
    Because its based off of that particular day and I wont hit the same calories/macros everyday.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It is total BS!
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    Thanks for the pic of Vin Diesel!!!!!!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    It's just fluff for the most part. What I do is I try to see the average for the week and I figure that is what I will probably be in 5 weeks. My highest was 117 lbs and my lowest was 110 lbs ( for "what you will weigh in 5 weeks ). I figure I will be somewhere in between that, because everyday is different ( as it should be ).
  • kirsten135
    kirsten135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's accurate, but I find it encouraging at least. It's nice to see a lower number than what I weigh currently.
    I'm with you on that one. I use it more for inspiration than as a real guideline. As in, 'look how easy today was, I can keep doing this!'
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I look at the average calories for the week, and estimate based on that.

For example, say I averaged 1355 calories per day last week. I go back to a day that week where I actually ate about 1350 calories or so, and look at the "If every day were like today..." statement. It seems accurate enough, although for a few weeks I was losing 1.5lb/wk when it predicted only 0.7 lb/wk.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I fantasize about that number
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options

I second this. I love craft beer and was turned on to it by my Dad. He got my husband and I hooked.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    to me its an estimate and something to look forward to as a realistic goal. IT goes up and down but seems pretty accurate by the time five weeks come up later on. I wouldn't put too much on this because its a guideline. :drinker: