Age 18-21 trying to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am 20 and currently a college sophomore and I am looking for some friends to help keep each other motivated so feel free to add me. :]
  • BabyfaceFaison
    Options
    20 (:
    My ultimate goal is to lose 100lbs but to think of it that way will drive me insane.
    So 25 is the goal right now. You can do this. (:
  • Leanne2219
    Options
    I'm 20 & just trying to get back to a better weight & lifestyle. I log in nearly every day & log everything. Right now, I'm focusing on healthy foods & cardio. But I plan on adding some core strengthening and weights soon. Feel free to add me(:
  • sj___
    sj___ Posts: 6
    Options
    I am 20 quite short and weigh 52.3kg, the biggest thing that I avoid doing is worrying to much about what the scales say. At the end of last year i had a 2 month period where I worked my *kitten* off everyday and only ate one cheat meal each week and over that time I only lost 2kg but my body completely changed, so I learnt that it needs to be kept in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. Unfortunately 2 months in I got tonsillitis and after a week of no exercising and eating badly I struggled to get back into it but finely have again and after 4 days am already noticing a big difference! During my 2 month stint I did majority weights and a bit of cardio each day and it made such a huge difference to my body, I didn't get much musclier but the more lean muscle you have the faster your metabolism is and the more fat you lose! You don't even necessarily need weights, even just squats, lunges, push ups and things that are going to build your muscle will help a lot :) good luck !
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello! 19 year old sophomore in college here. Been on here for about 2 years, always open to more friends:)
  • DCuestas
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm Diego. I'm currently around 170lbs with 15% body fat!
    I'm trying to cut closer to 10% body fat while maintaining muscle!
    I always seem to do good for two weeks, but fall out of the tracks for some reason or the other.
    I weighed 185 an year ago and was able to cut down.
    I had surgery three years ago which kept me from cardio for a good four months and I never was able to fully reestablish to the sporting abilities I had, which is my overall goal!

May the odds be ever in our favor!
    Feel free to add me!
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    20 here,

4'11 height..

started at 145 pounds,

current weight 120.

I eat any kinds of food I like in moderation and as long as I can fit em into my calorie goals.

Most of the time I'm sedentary, But there are times I do light exercises : desk cycling,(1 hour)arm cycling..(0mins)

My moderate exercises are : dancing for 30 mins, walking for 30 mins

If I could still go on, I do exercises for at least 120 mins..

my goal riht now is to get down to 110 pounds or less depends on how comfortably I feel in my body.

:)))

and yes, I;m adding u as a friend!

Let's do this!
  • robabob3
    robabob3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hating on us 22 year olds? :(

haha dam turned 22 like a week ago i no longer qualify
  • breakhearts
    breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Lauren! 19, Cali, I lost about 65 lbs so far. I'm trying to lose about 30 more, which is only my first goal. We'll see how it goes after that. :)

5'3

SW: 269 -_-

CW: 203! :b

& I'm totally adding you!
  • krisiwebster123
    krisiwebster123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 21 and in the middle of my 2nd year at University I realised that I'd become overweight. So in about February of 2013 I found this site. I started at 136 pounds, now I'm 110 and it only took me a few months. I even had a break in the summer and only started up again at the end of October, weighing 121 pounds. I'm very nearly at my goal weight of 105 pounds, which gets me into the middle of my BMI! (I'm a small 153cm)

I have a calorie intake of 1200 and work out about 5 times a week for around 60 minutes. I set myself on lightly active because I work at Subway on my feet for 8 hrs 3-4 times a week and I head to and from University for the rest of the week, so don't log walking unless it's a hike or something like that.

I used to be stressed about eating 1200 calories and never going over, but now I realise not to stress and I seem to be able to eat less, when I worried too much I tended to binge.

Good Luck :)