Starting a 200 lbs Weight Loss Journey

Options
2»

Replies

• christygb
    christygb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congratulations on turning the page and starting this wonderful adventure. I just started a few weeks ago, and feel so much better. Way to go! Christy
  • canwenotgothere
    Options
    Best of luck! Starting is always the hardest part of any journey. Hope it all goes swiftly, you sound like you have great motivation and determination. It won't be always be easy, but it will always be worth it. Once you start, you won't want to stop :-)
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    One sentence: never EVER give up! You can look at my profile for 2013 accomplished goals..it's a good way to start. 200 lbs weight loss will take not months but years and it will not end with goal weight. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi

I just started here at the beginning of the week (started with WeightWatchers and then moved over). I've got lots of weight to lose too so I know how daunting it can be. I'd be happy to be your friend (sending you a friend request) - people here seem to be so supportive and friendly so I'm sure you'll get plenty of encouragement!

You have some really clear goals which is a fantastic start, you are young, which is also a plus point - I made the mistake of waiting until I was 50 to try and deal with this life long problem and it gets harder as you get older/ So let that be a lesson for you - do it now, don't leave it until your knees start creaking :) I wish you the best of luck with your journey - I know you will do it 'cos you sound so determined and when you have a bad day we will all be here to help.

Yvie x
  • claireszydelko
    Options
    I have around 100lb to lose. :)
  • QueenyLanae
    QueenyLanae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i also have about 200 lbs to lose. I started at 373 lbs. i lost 40 lbs on my own before joining mfp. i seem to be stuck between 340 - 330 lbs. I could also use the support especially with logging food.
  • pahky
    pahky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm 24 and have nearly 200 pounds to lose as well. We've got a long way to go! If you'd like you can add me and we can keep each other motivated. :smile:
  • feferighteous
    feferighteous Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you. :)

I do want to say that not only am I here looking for a support system, but I'm am more than willing to be someone else's support system as well! Please feel free to add me.
  • Fridge67
    Fridge67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it all, having goals set will help you.
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I also have a significant amount of weight to lose.. 152 (ugghh) but it is totally do able. I'd like to say that if you have ANY questions.. ASK! Start by reading up on beginner weight lifting routines and learn the basics. There is a lot to learn, so just look it up and read read read. I'm going to friend you, if you have a question, just ask and I will do my best to answer it... I get TONS of advice from my friends, men and women, who have been lifting and doing cardio for years.
  • 4mile4
    Options
    Good luck and u are not alone i weigh 242 and want to get down to 150 before knee surgery
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You can do it, never give up on your goals!
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also have a lot to lose. Would love to join you on this journey. I could definitely use the motivation.
  • JLG_81
    Options
    Hi there.

I'm 32, with 154lbs to lose (half my body weight!).

I think your goals are awesome, and I wish you all the very best. Just think how proud you'll be with each lb lost :smile:

Jenni
  • feferighteous
    feferighteous Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think things are off to a really good start! I've quit drinking soda. I've been eating much healthier. My weight has been bouncing up and down, but I think my body needs to adjust to all the changes first.