Got on the scale for the first time.

Options
So I never knew how much I weighed exactly because scales couldn't hold my weight. I had a prediction and I finally bought a scale that can go up to 400lb. I had to wait a week before it came in so I prepared myself throughly. I wasn't too far from my prediction and before it arrived. I made a second prediction in case it was a bigger number. Thankfully I'm closer to my first prediction. I'm not upset or discouraged. I think I'm just feeling astonished and my thoughts are blank. I'm hoping to turn this momentarily emotionless/thoughtless state into motivation. I really want to make this a positive experience and not fall backwards.

Replies

• angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Remember that although you may not be satisfied with your weight and lifestyle now that it is completely normal. You are at the beginning of your journey towards being healthy and some day you will look back and remember this day. Although I started back on my journey only a month and a half ago, I still have overcome obstacles and temptations. Stay positive and don't forget that you are not perfect. If you are looking for a motivated friend feel free to add me. :)
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You're young, you can get on track and live the rest of your life healthy and in shape. Now is the time for you to do what you have to do! :smile:
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Minute by minute then day by day start making better choices. You'll be amazed how small changes can make a big difference. You took the first big step which was stepping on the scale. You got this!
  • futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, you guys! :)
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just think of it this way---this is the last time you'll be this weight!
  • celia34
    celia34 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    remember the longest hardest journey starts with the first step.. but you will make it x
  • JanieC93
    JanieC93 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Keep working at it! :)

Remember; losing weight isn't just to look good in those pictures - that should actually be the last thing in mind!
    It should be to help you live a healthy and happier lifestyle! :)

If you ever need anything, you have a great support system right here =D
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You have taken a very brave and great step. You have faced a demon and the world did not end! You have quantified a reference point now. (My background is production) In Production there is a old adage we have in that "what gets measured gets done", what this is saying without a reference point you are only guessing whether something is working or not. You have faced the number now you can track your achievements over time to fuel momentum and motivation. Do not be embarrassed - be proud and become an inspiration to yourself and for those around you.