Female Bulk

Options
So one of my goals is to get to a point to start a bulk but I'm wondering if it is even worth it. The tiny amount of gains I might get will probably be lost during the preceding cut. Opinions?

Replies

• jobegone
    Options
    So one of my goals is to get to a point to start a bulk but I'm wondering if it is even worth it. The tiny amount of gains I might get will probably be lost during the preceding cut. Opinions?

ummm...:huh:

yeh i guess all the people who lift weights then bulk/cut think theres no point...
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Great input. :wink:
  • jobegone
    Options
    Its just abit of a daft topic, of course its worth it or we wouldn't go through the cut/bulk cycles.

How would any women ever get that defined look if they had the opinion of 'whats the point' - the point is, OVER TIME you will see improvement.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    If you cut slow enough, at a small enough deficit, and eat enough protein, it's possible to lose virtually no muscle in the cut. It's all about patience. Don't try to cut or bulk too fast or with too large of a deficit or surplus, that's where people get into trouble. The net product of a good bulk followed by a good cut is the same starting weight with a lower body fat percentage and more muscle
  • RaggedyPond
    Options
    I think you are looking too much into it. @brusselsproutslady
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Women also have a much tougher time bulking than men, in most cases. And you may not be able to visually tell the difference if your body fat hides yet muscle definition.

Im not explaining it very well, but yes there is a point and can do a variety of things but slower is better and try to not expect too much the first time you try it.
  • RaggedyPond
    Options
    If you cut slow enough, at a small enough deficit, and eat enough protein, it's possible to lose virtually no muscle in the cut. It's all about patience. Don't try to cut or bulk too fast or with too large of a deficit or surplus, that's where people get into trouble. The net product of a good bulk followed by a good cut is the same starting weight with a lower body fat percentage and more muscle

How long of a duration for the slower bulk?
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I don't personally think it is worth it. People can criticize my body and suggest I bulk/cut if they want, but I don't like the idea of artificially changing my calorie intake like that. I don't want to do it to gain and lose weight in order to build and expose muscle anymore than I like the idea of doing a low calorie diet to look willowy. I do cardio and I lift some weights. I don't over eat and I seem to be building muscle just fine for me.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

How long of a duration for the slower bulk?

It depends entirely on how much weight you're comfortable with gaining before you cut again. I'd suggest trying not to gain more than a pound a week, any faster than that and you're gonna put on too much fat.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I don't personally think it is worth it. People can criticize my body and suggest I bulk/cut if they want, but I don't like the idea of artificially changing my calorie intake like that. I don't want to do it to gain and lose weight in order to build and expose muscle anymore than I like the idea of doing a low calorie diet to look willowy. I do cardio and I lift some weights. I don't over eat and I seem to be building muscle just fine for me.

You look amazing. Please tell me more about how you do it. Do you eat at maintenance? I'm eating around maintenance I think, maybe just below it but it hasn't been long enough for me to be sure.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options

You look amazing. Please tell me more about how you do it. Do you eat at maintenance? I'm eating around maintenance I think, maybe just below it but it hasn't been long enough for me to be sure.

Wow. Thank you! I stared exercising in jan. I was one of those ppl who couldn't get near enough calories. I think that all of the adrenaline was a shock for my system. I am the sort who loses weight when stressed. Fatty stuff just filled me up faster. My appetite has finally started increasing, but I'm still below maintenance. I think that my appetite will keep up naturally though, since this is how it worked when I did sports and was in the military. I seem to be actually gaining muscle though. I think a lot of it is age and body type.