New to Forum- Success Story

Options
Well here goes....
I'm 39 going on 40 this month and 3 months ago my office had a health screening and that health screening went bad. I mean really bad.
Results:
208 lbs
high cholesterol
High blood pressure
Borderline morbidly obese BMI
oh and I smoked a pack a day
I have a very sedentary life style and it came to me that if I don't change things that I was going to die. I have 2 lovely children 9 and 6 and I owed it to them to change.
So.....................the next day I quit smoking using the fake cigarette that emits a fake smoke and you inhale nicotine.
I ordered/bought P90X, and started the induction phase of Atkins. A few days later received my P90X package and read the book and realized that I wasn't ready. I was too overweight and needed to hold off and just continue with the Atkins and the smoking thing. Well almost three months later I'm down 30 some odd pounds, am back to my normally low blood pressure, haven't had a cigarette (stopped using the fake one after 2-3 week), 19% BMI, and lowered my cholesterol back to healthy.
I'm getting geared up to start the P90X after the holidays and can't wait. I'm in the best shape that I've been in the last 10 years.

Atkins (Strict!)
3-4 times of weekly exercise (very very light like bike rides and walk)
3 times a week of weight lifting (again very light and limited)
Quit smoking

Now if I just don't get hit by a truck.....................:bigsmile:

Replies

• jessmo803
    Options
    Wow! That is AMAZING! Thank you for sharing that! I'm sure your story will be just as big of an inspiration to every MFP member as it is to me! Keep it up and keep us updated!!

Jess
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You can do it....look what you have already accomplished! Keep up the great work!
  • claribeln02
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the awesome work. You and your family should be very proud. You should add some before and after pics to keep motivated.
  • Kerilovestherain
    Options
    Tank you for sharing. You are an inspiration to alot of us! Keep up the good work!
  • EmpressB
    EmpressB Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up!:smile:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I hate you. I want to drop 30 pounds in 3 months!!!!!! Ugh!!! It was torture trying to lose FIVE!!!!!!!

I hope you DO know I'm joking about hating you. lol I'm very happy/jealous of your success! Keep up the great work!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic and thanx for the LOL while I was sipping on some water! :laugh: Great job and keep it up!!! Congrats congrats congrats!!!!
  • claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's so great! Sounds like you're really starting to care about your health/body. Great to hear your story! Good luck as you continue!
  • LowCarbAmanda
    Options
    I started Atkins 3 months ago too, and I'm down 36lbs! It's great stuff... It's awesome that you quit smoking too! Doing it all at once was a smart way to go. Congratulations!
  • mcthomason
    Options
    Way to go ! ! I know you have to feel better. Keep up the good work, and watch out for those trucks =0)
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    Great job!! I find that low carb is the best lifestyle for me
  • Celtic_Ace
    Options
    Low carb diet if you stick to it strict really does work.

I can't believe how the fake cigarette helped me quit as well.

I do feel better today than I have in a real long time.

I look better today than I have in a real long time.
  • Celtic_Ace
    Options
    Oh and the problem with before and after pictures is trying to find before pictures. When I was unhealthier I made a point to stay out of pictures and now I'm trying to find pictures of how I've changed.........................
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What's the fake cigarette?? I definitely need to quit smoking. My doctor actually told me to get my weight under control and then we'd work on the smoking, but whatever fake cigarette you used sounds interesting. I'm going to friend you (hope that's ok) and if you could let me know I'd really appreciate it! Thanks. And by the way, congratulations on all the changes you've made and are making, you're an inspiration!
  • Celtic_Ace
    Options
    I used electronic cigarette system or sometimes call e-cigarette. There are many different companies selling them. I've even seen them sold at mall kiosks. They are basically the same. I used "smoke51" I think. It really works. You almost feel guilty because you don't feel any withdrawal although your mind knows that you've quit. After a few weeks I just slowly lost interest and stopped smoking the e-cigarette as well.

If you smoke and really want to quit, I highly recommend it.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Great job! You're going to live FOREVER! Like me :)

Charmagne
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!