1lb lost with all that work?

Options
How can a person work so hard and go by the rules and only loose 1 lb in the first week.
discouraged but not going to weigh in until Thanksgiving.

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    all your work will catch up! hang in there and don't give up so easily!!! Finish what you started!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I know you are working hard, but unless you are burning 7000 extra calories a week to lose two pounds, then 1 pound is a more likely loss. that being said people do often experience more weight loss in the first week for a number of reasons, like the shock of a change and water weight, but it's different for everyone and 1 pound is perfectly fine.
  • turtlebaby
    turtlebaby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! One pound lost is great! Don't forget to drink lots of water.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is AWESOME and the healthy way to lose weight. Stick to it. it took me 6 months to lose 22 lbs. you CAN do it.
  • BrandonEspinosa
    Options
    My wife has been dealing with this as well. When I first started to "watch" what I was eating on this site (iPod Touch), I didn't notice any change on the scale until about 3 weeks in. Then if just dropped off constantly. Just keep up the good work, and you will get the results you want.
  • lordofultima
    Options
    1 lb. a week should be exactly what you're aiming for. You'll appreciate this pace in the long run, and remember that losing weight is a gradual process, it's a lifetime of healthy eating, not just 90 days. The process doesn't just end once you've lost the weight.
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I worked for a weight loss company, and it's very frustrating to be working so hard and not see it on the scales. BUT there are several things to remember. You don't lose fat and inches at the same time. Have you weighed yourself? As much as a week probably seemed ver y long, it's still only a week. Have some patience and you'll do great! Medications that you take can play a role. Water and salt intake play a big role. Muscle burns calories so give your body a chance to get there! You'll do great, just stick with it!! Do it for you :-)
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    same thing happens to me just take it one day at a time 1lb is great. . :happy:
  • bates1984
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    I weighed in on Thanksgiving day and lost 16 pounds. Now I am pumped. Getting colder out for walking though. looking at getting an eliptical machine. Whats your opinion on best exercise equipment without getting bored at it. :) Thanks all for the support. I needed it.:happy: