Nike Free Shoes

Options
I might ask my parents for the Nike Frees for Christmas... because they keep asking me what I want. do any of you have them or tried running in them, or doing other exercise with em? I've tried them on before in the store and size 11 is a little too small. I noticed they have size 12 online.... so excited (I am bigfoot!)

Replies

• meanddamonkey
    Options
    A friend of mine has Nike Free shoes, and he loves them. If you are looking for an even less restrictive/more barefoot feel, you might also consider Vibram 5 Fingers shoes. They are basically like gloves for your feet. They don't have any arch support or padding, so your feet and lower legs get much stronger. I have Vibram KSOs and they are awesome. I dont run in them, but I do hike and that sort of thing in them, not to mention wearing them just doing normal day to day stuff. They are awesome. :-)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    awwww :( i thought this was about getting nike's for free lol
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    I have a pair of Free Run+. I wear them all the time. They're super light, they weigh less than my mike sandals. The soles are like foam rubber, but they hold up really well. And the upper is like a thick sock, it helps your feet breathe. The only really bad thing is that tiny pebbles always get stuck in the soles and you have to keep picking them out.

I haven't tried the Nike+ /ipod thing out yet either.
  • becomingsara
    Options

I completely followed the yellow brick too...hoping there'd be free nikes at the end...hahahaha
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Haha sorry guys I should have been more specific in the title! i guess the name of the shoe is so your foot can be "free" and natural lol. They aren't free more like $85 :(

Yes I have heard of and seen the 5 fingers shoes but here it snows a lot and I also do some trail running from time to time and I don't think they would be good for that, plus I've heard they make your feet sweat a lot and I would be grossed out, lol. I cant buy a whole new wardrobe of toe socks!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Yeah...got me too. My Shox normally cost over $100...but FREE would be nice. Haha!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Wondering from people who have worn Nike Free Plus shoes for awhile now, how are they holding up? Thinking about trying a pair for running and want to hear about how they withstand months of abuse?