Cardio, elliptical, and toning my back

Options
So question, is doing 60 mins of the elliptical everyday okay? Also, I would like to hear some new exercises I can do to tone my back and obliques! I wanted something effective and challenging

Replies

• MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Try swim/stat rowing ?
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Is it ok for what?

Squats and deadlifts!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Strong Lifts 5x5
  • Yes, I have a rowing machine (water rower one) it's a great alternative to the Elliptical and works upper body and core! I don't use the Elliptical, I cheat too much on that sucker! :)
  • shadow2450
    shadow2450 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    60 min a day is excellent if its your only cardio but it depends on your rpm and personal determination in staying on a certain rate.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Erectors: Back extension
    Obliques: Side oblique crunches on back extension station or roman chair.
    for traps, lats, rear delts and all of our other friends back there good old fashion hard work with them there heavy metal thingy's

Muscle seperation, striation, and other asthetically pleasing attributes that make a physique purtty come with time and lower levels of body fat compostion. Oh yes, if you canfind one a versa climber machine is the gold standard of back chiseling cardio equipment. Many gyms do not have them because they are considered torture devices when used properly. I wish you the best in your journey to the back you desire. And do not ever ever ever, use weight when training obliques as this will make them bigger. I like it myself, but most women I talk to say that is the last thing they want personally. I like my big muscular obliques, and so does my wife.
  • tine0574
    Options
    I lift every other day, but I just wanted to make sure that doing the same machine everyday is okay for weight loss. I really like the elliptical, I switch up my resistance and incline all the time as well.
  • tine0574
    Options
    Thank you!