Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

First Day of Keto Diet. Help?

I started the keto diet today. You can check my page to see what I ate, however i was around 800 calories by the end of the day. Is that okay for the first few days to put your body into ketosis? or should I be eating more protein? any other tips?

Replies

• edelique
    edelique Posts: 31 Member
    that's way too much protein. you won't get into ketosis like that.
  • TomfromNY
    TomfromNY Posts: 100 Member
    go the keto boards for help. Agree that you need a lot more fat maybe a little less protein.

The first week I wouldn't worry about calories. Just figure out your carbs (maybe 25 gms) and protein (maybe 60-110 depending on your weight/body fat/etc....) Keep those two within your limits and eat lots of fat

The keto boards will point you to some calculators for help.

I'm doing 25-40gms carbs, 130 gm protein, and the rest fat (about 160gm if I hit 2100 calories). But I'm 6ft tall / 200 pounds
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    focus on fats... avocados and coconut oil, full fat salad dressings.. it gets your calories up while not focusing on protein which has others have said hinders your body entering ketosis
  • danielleeliz_xo
    danielleeliz_xo Posts: 44 Member
    Okay, Thank you. I will try and up my fat tomorrow.
  • 65% of your calories should come from fat.

30% of your calories should come from protein.

5% of your calories should come from carbs.

Try to be as near to that as possible.