Eating out late

Options
So I work the graveyard shift from 830pm to 5 am and I've been counting my calories and being pretty strict the past few weeks and its been working great for me buuuuut today I was running late and was only able to make a shake. So my question is, what can I eat out while limited to the usual late night spots? My first idea was going to In and out and getting a protein style burger with no cheese, but I'd like to hear what you guys think :)

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Start researching menu items of places near you that are the best for the calories. For me, that's like mcdonalds. I love their grilled chicken Mcwraps. All the choices are like 360-560 calories for a decent amount of protein. If I have the calories, I'll do a medium fry but unless I really want them, I generally skip because that's another 360 I'd rather spend elsewhere. Their salads aren't too bad either. You can definitely make fast food fit, just have to kind of research what is best for your buck/calorie allotment. :D
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If a diner is one of your options, breakfast might be a good choice. If I'm out late, I'll sometimes get a veggie omelet with wheat toast and only eat a few of the potatoes that come with it.
  • sj___
    sj___ Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello! I work the graveyard shift so feel your pain of only having greasy take away options, I try keep a few things in my bag at all times for when I forgot to bring food or don't have time - normally things like a Vitawheats, tins of tuna, 85% cacao dark chocolate and just things that can generally survive living in there without going off :) if I have to resort to buying food I go to a convenience store and get some fruit or tinned fish or go to the kebab store near my work and just get a salad! Hope this helps, night work can be a pain in the *kitten* sometimes!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    IDK where you are, but a lot of my US friends find plenty at Chipotle. If it were me, it'd 4 pieces of chicken from the chip shop and a bottle of chocolate milk.